Thread: fluid support brake holes

fluid support brake holes

I asked this years ago in my post, but I didn't find an answer. The brake fluid reservoir was supposed to be located here. Why would there be two extra holes? And why are they so big? I had thought that it might be a replacement for the reservoir supports because the original location was rusted. After observing for some time, I don't see any rust or a need for those additional holes. Do you have any possible ideas as to what it could be?
    Name:  agu.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  228.1 KB

At some point a prior owner might have installed a RSR type brake reservoir. It was a 2 piece bottle system with one large and one small bottle.
    72S, 72 3.5L Signal Green, 914-6 GT Signal Green

Is there any rear part from later Porsche vehicles that could fit in those same-sized holes? I can't imagine a moment or place where a spare part for an RSR would arrive in the Canary Islands. In a "fictional" scenario... If the fuel tank were there, should there be more things? Could brake calipers or the tank alone be functional? Thank you very much for your comment!

People have done a lot of stupid things to these cars that are 50 plus years old. Nothing else should go there so who knows what they drilled the holes for. The RSR bottles have been available to buy for a long time. Some people prefer the look. A later set would be mounted to the brake booster. Plug the holes and move on.
    72S, 72 3.5L Signal Green, 914-6 GT Signal Green

Covering it up is one of the things I won't do! But thanks for the advice. I'll ask the second owner of the vehicle if he remembers anything! Thanks for the information.

Regarding this, I would like to ask about it again: before the "RSR," was a modification of two tanks used for Porsche vehicles from the years 70/72? What improvement was it, or in what "M" can that improvement be seen reflected? An improvement in brakes? And in that case, for those years, could "having two brake fluid tanks" indicate any other improvement?
    Name:  cedc471d1a79966aed344a4445a70d5f.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  104.9 KB
    https://www.lesanciennes.com/annonce...t-1970-a541789

member #1515
    Most race cars would have 2 master cylinders, one for front brakes and one for the rears. The brake pedal incorporated a balance bar that would either send more balance towards the front or to the rear. There was usually a knob inside the car where the driver could alter the adjustment while driving.
    I have never been in a race car that did not have a similar arrangement, although newer cars may have progressed beyond the balance bar.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs