Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Auto Foreign Services

  1. #1

    Auto Foreign Services

    Don’t ask Eric for a discount !!

    I did!!

    Eric replied…..

    “You pissed me off by asking for an additional 5%. I rarely if ever discount, the parts are too expensive to manufacture, and my margins as a hobbyist are very narrow. So, when asking for the extra discount I assumed you had another source for your parts. So, I reached out to several regular customers and told them I only had a few sets of the SWB lights and grills left, and they took them at full price. So, I'm sold out. “
    Ray

  2. #2
    Senior Member Simonjjb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Connecticut/Florida
    Posts
    1,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffynose View Post
    Don’t ask Eric for a discount !!

    I did!!

    Eric replied…..

    “You pissed me off by asking for an additional 5%. I rarely if ever discount, the parts are too expensive to manufacture, and my margins as a hobbyist are very narrow. So, when asking for the extra discount I assumed you had another source for your parts. So, I reached out to several regular customers and told them I only had a few sets of the SWB lights and grills left, and they took them at full price. So, I'm sold out. “
    Ray
    Lesson learned. These small business owners are under a lot of pressure. I pay what they ask and am thankful - and happy.
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

  3. #3
    No offence meant, only received

  4. #4
    Senior Member joegt3cup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Colebrook CT
    Posts
    1,074
    I learned a long time ago if someone offers something you need at a fair price pay it.
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

    Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

  5. #5
    Auto Foreign Services (Eric) sells exceptional quality at a low price. I would expect to offend him if I asked for a discount.

    BTW, his eBay prices are little higher. You are getting a discount in many cases if you buy direct.
    Member #4215

    SCAM ALERT: 1972 911S Signal Orange Coupe VIN: 9112300505 is pending legal claim.
    BaT Auction cancelled due to pending legal issues: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-porsche-911s-18/
    Additional fraud information and photos of 9112300505: https://public.fotki.com/BlueTTop/1972-porsche-911s-v/

  6. #6
    Lighting Specialist jaudette3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    4,303
    Ray...

    We all get frustrated with a situation at times and want to strike out. But your comment about Eric is inappropriate and unwelcome. I've been around this community for a long time and no one has made as large a contribution to the longhood community as Eric, no one. The accuracy of his products is spot-on. The level of quality of his products is superb. His pricing is ridiculously low - I can't believe his enterprise is profitable given the large investments he has to make for tooling. His service is impeccable.

    Bad mouthing Eric is not helpful for your standing in this community.

    Best,
    JOhn
    Lighting Resources for Hardcore Air-Cooled Porsche Enthusiasts”
    ——-
    John Audette - Porsche Lighting Anorak
    AC Shop: BEST-IN-CLASS Air Cooled 911 Lighting Parts => 911BestInClass.com
    AC Site: The Air Cooled 911 Light Resource => AudetteCollection.com
    Instagram: Please Follow => AC Shop Instagram

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jaudette3 View Post
    Ray...

    We all get frustrated with a situation at times and want to strike out. But your comment about Eric is inappropriate and unwelcome. I've been around this community for a long time and no one has made as large a contribution to the longhood community as Eric, no one. The accuracy of his products is spot-on. The level of quality of his products is superb. His pricing is ridiculously low - I can't believe his enterprise is profitable given the large investments he has to make for tooling. His service is impeccable.

    Bad mouthing Eric is not helpful for your standing in this community.

    Best,
    JOhn
    I could NOT agree more. Take you negativity elsewhere. Not to mention, why post this crap in the first place? You're doing no-one any favors.....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

    ES #333

    GONE...MANY, many great ones....

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman View Post
    I could NOT agree more. Take you negativity elsewhere. Not to mention, why post this crap in the first place? You're doing no-one any favors.....
    I see it different. He did others a favor by warning them not too make the same “mistake”.

    Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

  9. #9
    Physics Guy oscillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by preS View Post
    I see it different. He did others a favor by warning them not too make the same “mistake”.

    Richard
    +1 on this comment. Eric is a great provider of quality parts. Pay what he asks or go someplace else for crappy products.
    ______________________________________________
    Dan B.
    1966 911 black/red
    1966 912 slate grey
    1996 993 black/tan

  10. #10
    I agree 100% no issue

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Message Board Disclaimer and Terms of Use
This is a public forum. Messages posted here can be viewed by the public. The Early 911S Registry is not responsible for messages posted in its online forums, and any message will express the views of the author and not the Early 911S Registry. Use of online forums shall constitute the agreement of the user not to post anything of religious or political content, false and defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise to violate the law and the further agreement of the user to be solely responsible for and hold the Early 911S Registry harmless in the event of any claim based on their message. Any viewer who finds a message objectionable should contact us immediately by email. The Early 911S Registry has the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.