Thread: Recommendations Requested: Seats for Sports Purpose Coupe

Recommendations Requested: Seats for Sports Purpose Coupe

Hi Everyone:

I have found myself with a car in need of improved seats--not only in terms of support and bolstering, but comfort as well.

For background, I am 6'3" / 160lbs and would like to skip the smaller seats without even a hint of shoulder support. I would also like to skip the original sport seats (and the reproductions of the same) as it feels like I am sitting on those seats rather than in them, if that makes sense.

At present, the car has a beautiful set of standard comfort seats that are trimmed in black leatherette with white/black/green houndstooth inserts. It will pain me to let them go, but it is causing me pain to keep them. So it goes.

I have narrowed down my options to a few seats from the usual suspects: (i) the Monte Carlo seats (https://www.classiccarseats.com/clas...carlo-seats/); and (ii) the Nurburgring R seats (https://bf-torino.com/Nuerburgring-B...laeche-Pepita_). It seems like the same (or similar) seats are available from a variety of vendors under different names, so apologies if I have mislabeled any. The links should clear up any discrepancies.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions that might fit the bill and, if you have the seats mentioned above in your car(s), your feedback and photographs would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Grant

In my experience and size (6'2", 185 lbs, wide shoulders), Recaro Classic LS seats are better than all the ones that mimic the early seats in terms of comfort and support. Mine have leg extension support like a modern car.

P.S. They are somewhat difficult to get into due to the seat bolsters, though not as difficult as the Nurburgring style hardbacks I had.
    Last edited by TheTorch; 07-10-2023 at 01:52 PM. Reason: PS
    - 1969 911T Ossi Blue #3981

Ah, yes. Thanks, Torch!

I neglected to mention the Recaro Classic LS. That does seem like a great option for comfort. My main concern is that it might look out of place in the LWB. If anyone has photos handy of these in your/a car, please feel free to share.

You can decide for yourself...

Name:  69827795297__625738D1-55D0-4A96-A1B5-82647A9A5BB7.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  185.8 KB
    - 1969 911T Ossi Blue #3981

Quote Originally Posted by TheTorch View Post
    You can decide for yourself...

Name:  69827795297__625738D1-55D0-4A96-A1B5-82647A9A5BB7.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  185.8 KB
    Thanks again, Torch. Those look stunning. I’m going to shoot you a PM for some additional photos. This seat is officially on my short list.

Grant, I have been collecting info for a seat purchase later this year for my ‘71T. In addition to the 3 already mentioned, I have these 2 on my list:
    LeMans T85 from Classic Touring; and
    GT Seat from Cerullo.
    I haven’t had a chance to sit in any of these and will be interested in your decision.

Regards,
    dho
    dho
    Central Florida
    Member # 1968

There is a thread named “show your seats”
    That may help you see some options too.

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914