Thread: Fuchs set of four. Deep 6 or 5.5 for restoration.

Fuchs set of four. Deep 6 or 5.5 for restoration.

I am looking for a set that needs to be restored. I’m going to do a 67s style paint scheme and will mount on my 66.

I’m in SoCal and local pickup with me preferred to save cost.

Thanks!

Still looking. I'd be fine with two 5.5 and two deep 6 as well.

I'd prefer to offer these wheels here "official" because I would like for others to inspect them too. I am unsure if some of these parts are working as intended, or if the set is basically useless.

1st wheel 901.316.012.04
    according to my knowledge, this should be a 5,5x15 Fuchs, but by the look of it and the stamping in the rear it is a 6x15. It is the same height(width) as the other 3 wheels, and the same weight. Is this a wrong stamped wheel?

2nd wheel
    no part number readable, but you can read it as a 6x15. Dated it is 10/68 what is too early for a deep six?

3rd wheel
    no part number readable, no date stamp visible, weight is the same as 1st, 2nd, and 4th wheel,
    please note the dents in the inside of the wheel where the fins touch the barrel (marked with red) - is this bent? Is this as it should be?

4th wheel 901.316.012.06
    which is according to my knowledge a correct 6x15 deep six, also this one seems to be grinded off on the inside due to (maybe) wrong brake calipers?
    Attached Images Attached Images

and the 2nd batch of pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

For everyone who might be interested in this set, i contaced Otto Fuchs wheels to get clarification on wheel one and thats their response:

"Ich gebe Ihnen Recht, die Stempelungen sind etwas verwirrend. Die Räder sind aus den 1960er Jahren. Damals wurden viele Stempelungen, nach dem Schmieden, von Hand vorgenommen. Es ist daher nicht auszuschließen, dass hier ein Stempel verwechselt wurde.

Die Porsche-Teilenummer 901 361 012 04 weist auf ein 5½ J x 15 Zoll Rad hin. Die OTTO FUCHS Werkzeugnummer 26710 ist laut meinen Unterlagen eine 6 J x 15 Zoll Fuchsfelge; die dazu passende Porsche-Teilenummer lautet 901 361 012 06. "

"I agree with you, the stampings are a bit confusing. The wheels are from the 1960s. At that time, many stamps were made by hand after forging. It can therefore not be ruled out that a stamp was mixed up here.

The Porsche part number 901 361 012 04 indicates a 5½ J x 15 inch wheel. According to my documents, the OTTO FUCHS tool number 26710 is a 6 J x 15 inch Fuchsfelge; the matching Porsche part number is 901 361 012 06."

Can’t you just measure the wheel to confirm the size?
    A part isn't purchased until paid.

The 9 Store LLC.

yes, I did this and can confirm it's the same size and weight as a 6x15 with a correct number

Thanks for the posts. I've found a set of four (4) in total 15x5.5 and they're off to Henry!