Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Factory A/C and Factory Aux Front Oil Cooler Line Routing - Anyone have a Photo?

Factory A/C and Factory Aux Front Oil Cooler Line Routing - Anyone have a Photo?

My project is an early (#163) 72T with factory A/C and my engine will need extra cooling. Would like to duplicate the 1972 911S with factory A/C and front right aux oil cooler setup. Looking for a photo of how the 2 A/C hoses and 2 hard oil lines co-exist along the right side rocker area.

It would be a huge help if someone has a photo that they could kindly post or DM showing the hose and hard line arrangement along the rocker area between the wheels so I can duplicate the factory method.

Thanks!
    -Edwin
    Owned 21000163 (build date 7/71) since 5/82

I think I can help. I wish I had a lift. What pics are you looking for at this point?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Peter that would be wonderful!
    I mainly want to see the order that the pipes are laid out and get some idea of where on the pan that they are routed.

Dont need a lift, just hold your phone under and snap a few i think.

many thanks
    -Edwin

member #1515
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Hi David,
    Thanks for the link - That's a great car!
    I looked closely and don't see any sign of the oil hard lines but I do see the old red refrigerant lines.
    Didn't all 911S's have a factory aux cooler? Maybe it was just a percentage.
    -Edwin

The front cooler was standard S equipment from 69 thru 72. Starting in 73 the front cooler became an option. To the best of my memory when equipped with A/C the lines were split one to each side.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

To add to the BaT reference…

Engine compartment…
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Adding to the BaT reference…

Driver side…
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Adding to the BaT reference….

Passenger side…

Let me know if I can provide any further details…
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Thank you all! Thank you Peter for the pictures of your 72. I feel confident that I can get my 72 built with correct hose and line mounting.
    -Edwin