Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MFI Throttle Shaft Bushing source?

MFI Throttle Shaft Bushing source?

Anyone know where I might get some bushings for my '69 911E throttle shafts? There's an old video from Costa Mesa R&D Automotive on kits they used to have, but they seem to be out of business. I've googled and searched the forums but haven't located any sources. Symptoms are backfiring on #4 - which squirting some starter fluid at the outside of the throttle shaft causes it to momentarily run smooth. I'd machine them myself if I had the dimensions, which I could get by taking the throttle bodies apart, but it'd be nice to find some already created...
    cheers,
    jt
    jt69
    '69 911E

RIP John Edwards, master machinist at Costa Mesa R&D, 25DEC17

I got a bunch of them from McMaster Carr can't remember the exact size but they had them

Thanks, Rick

Thanks Jimmy. Their website is still up, but I guess that's about it...

Thanks Stephers, The ones from McMaster Carr - were they just a bushing for anything, or specifically for a 911?

cheers, jt
    jt69
    '69 911E

Just an oil lite bushing that was the correct size

Thanks, Rick

Thx again Rick. I looked at there website, and they seem to have a bazillion different ones listed in their 'Bearings' section. I'll ck again.

OTOH: I double ck'd my notes and PET copies, and I'd forgot that there was a P/N for the bushing in there (I even had circled it at one time... My bad!). So, armed with the # (901.110.111.00), I googled that and got several hits. Best one was from partsklassik for $7/ea. (https://www.partsklassik.com/p-2298-...t-bushing.aspx for anyone else search for this part)

My next question/quest is to find some info on how to replace these bushings - removal and reinstall of the bushings (they seem to be pressed in). If you can shed any light on that, I'd appreciate it. I'll do another forum search for that info and maybe start a separate thread on it.

thx again,
    cheers,
    jt
    jt69
    '69 911E

Usually throttle plates are done in conjunction with the shaft bushings, as they wear also.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Usually throttle plates are done in conjunction with the shaft bushings, as they wear also.
    "Throttle plates"? Is that the butterfly valves, or what?
    jt69
    '69 911E

Yes, also called butterfly valves.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Yes, also called butterfly valves.
    Okay, thx Ed. Now I'm trying to find someone who knows how to replace the bushings (they appear to be press-fit...). jt
    jt69
    '69 911E