Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pinckney - Gathering Location

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar

Pinckney - Gathering Location

OK... I did a little online research for a breakfast gathering place before P2P - hoping to find something convenient for those North and South - off US 23. A place called Gloria's Fine Home Cooking in Whitmore Lake sounds interesting.... they open at 6am and serve breakfast all day. Spoke with Gloria on the phone - she sounded very nice, and would be happy to have us, they have 2 large tables but it will be on a first come/first served basis as Saturdays tend to be busy.

So... I hereby declare this the Early 911S Registry - P2P gathering place for Saturday morning (all are welcome - even Larry if he decides to come in the Lexus ), we can fill up with Gloria's chow, have a nice drive to Pinckney, and make our entrance en masse.
    Let's meet there at 9am, on the 31st.

It's off 23 - take the Whitmore Lake exit - follow Main St (8 mile) south past the lake. See attached maps. Let's have a sound off/headcount (again - on this thread) on who's coming so I can try to sweet talk Gloria into reserving us a big table.

http://www.porschestopinckney.com/

Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

I was hoping for hamburgers in Hamburg, but this will do. -- Curt

Well, I've had frankfurters in Frankfurt - mmmm mmmm good!
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Jared

Thanks for all the work...as you know, count me in!
    Tom
    Early 911S Reg #544

One more early in the count, I'm in!
    '71 911S Targa

Hey, Jared and Tom and anyone else that is on the N. side of Detroit, lets meet somewhere off 696 and head to the breakfast together.
    '71 911S Targa

So, that makes 4 so far...

Curt
    jonnysocko
    TKO
    JCR

Any others?? Brian (fryardds) are you coming?
    Would be good to finally meet you - after passing like 2 ships in the night at Rennsport. Besides, I think this show will be sorely in need of an RS!

Dave? Are you going to be around dragging the Cornpanzers at Milan?

P.S. Detroit folk - plan on meeting at Telegraph Rd and I-696 for the drive west... say about 8am? Jonnysocko is scouting a specific location - should be posted this week.
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

I've got at least one more from up my way meeting me along the way. -- Curt

P.S. - Cornpanzer's at Milan Dragway today (7/24)

Just a simple question, are you all flying solo on this trip?
    '71 911S Targa

Jared,

I was really hoping to make this outing, but both cars are still 'under construction' to one extent or another. The closest one to being ready to go is the RS, I just don't know yet if all the projects will be done by this Friday. I have reserved a room for Friday night and I will hang on to it untill I figure out it I can go or not. The other option would be an up and back on Saturday, but that would certainly not be my first choice. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299