Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool bag '73

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

Tool bag '73

Hi,

Could someone post a few pics of a 911 '73 tool kit bag, in,- and outside please? I believe I have the wrong one...

Thanks,

Cees
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cees,

At first glance it looks just like my April build '73...

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

toolkit bag

Thanks Chuck,

My RS is a May '73 build so may be it is correct after all according to you. That would be great but I hope someone else can confirm...Robert?

Cees

Sent you an email with details Cees. I'm sure there's been lots of past info on this subject. Included pictures of an Original 73' toolkit with snaps. There was a mix of kits with straps and a few early production cars with buckles.
    Best, Robert.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

and a few more pic's

My 73.5 T toolkit is the same, but without snaps. I think that there was a string to tie it with, sewn on along one side. The string is long gone, however.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Mine has opposing pockets with seperate red handled philips and flat-headish screw drivers. What is the one with a skinny blade at the end of the standard blade used for? (Yes, I am no Porsche mechanic)
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

I've heard 2 stories (that I can remember) on the skinny headed straight blade... both in reference to 356's, as that's when that style of blade first came out. 1) for use on the small screw that holds the "points" down in the distributor and 2) to pop the hubcaps off.

Don't know if either one is the real reason, but it sounded good enough to post

Sounds interesting... I allways thought the long flat was used on the 911 for the 6 air correction screws on the manifolds or adjustment screws on carbs?
    Robert..

Quote Originally Posted by RickS
    Mine has opposing pockets with seperate red handled philips and flat-headish screw drivers. What is the one with a skinny blade at the end of the standard blade used for? (Yes, I am no Porsche mechanic)
    I believe that the flat blade is to secure the generator/fan pulley on 356/912 motors when changing the fan belt. You should see a notch in the forward pulley half for this. The blade fits in the notch, and stops against one of the generator housing screws.

So, the blade probably has no use to a 911 owner, but that doesn't seem to stop some of us from paying loads for this special tool!

Also, the toolkit for a sunroof coupe should also include an emergency sunroof handle.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA