Thread: C of A

C of A

Hello All.
    I just now opened up my C of A for my '69T I bought recently. PO had it for ~26 years unused in garage - certainly appears very original. 68k miles

Production completion date: 06/03/1969
    Engine and Transmission numbers match - good.
    Paint matches (mostly original Irish Green) - good.
    Options:
    5 speed - matches - good
    Comfort equipment - good - (car has 14" wheels and rear defrost - any comments on what else the comfort group includes?)
    Loudspeaker in Dashboard - matches - good.
    Michelin Tires - spare tire looks to be original Michelin - good.

Interior Material Color/Type: Leather/9822 mmmmm not sure - car is vinyl/black and seems correct - any comments ? I assume this could be an error.

Questions:

Please comment on comfort group items.
    There is a early AM radio and antenna- is it dealer installed?
    Vinyl vs. leather - C of A error ?

Thanks All,

Bill
    Bill
    1969 911T - sold
    2001 911 Turbo - sold
    1996 911 C4S - returned
    1982 911SC - gone
    1960 356 Roadster - sold

These are pretty infamous for being incorrect, do a search.
    Phil

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Seems like you got a good one with only one error on your interior. Those C of A's are a joke. Porsche should be embarrassed to charge owners for them.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

9822 interior code?

Thanks, I've checked many of the C of A posts - unfortunate that they are not accurate. I thought I'd post mine so people could observe/comment.

What is the 9822 code on the interior?

It sound like from all the other posts that one can get it mostly corrected thru calling, e-mailing and waiting...

Thanks, all

Bill
    Bill
    1969 911T - sold
    2001 911 Turbo - sold
    1996 911 C4S - returned
    1982 911SC - gone
    1960 356 Roadster - sold

Hi All

I also have just got my CoA with 9822/Leather indicated. The interior is black but the seats are missing so I'm working with a blank slate. In searching the forum I've seen suggestions for 9822 ranging from black leather to tan with corduroy insert. Any suggestions on whether I can actually figure out what my car had from this information, or is beyond the scope of the possible at this point?

Thanks
    Darren

"Comfort equipment" included hydropneumatic front struts and 14" X 5 1/2" Alloy wheels with 185 X 15 tires. Virtually all cars with those struts have been converted to conventional Mc Phearson front struts. The "Comfort" group included the "appearance or S Trim" package as well. "Back in the day" one could buy a kit to convert your struts or you could just replace the struts from a regular 911T or 911S. 69s were easily converted as they came with regular lower A arms with splines in them for torsion bars. Take a picture of one of your front struts and I or someone else will be able to tell you what you have.

Regards

Jim

For 69, 9822 is leatherette (vinyl). So error on CoA.

What is your VIN?
    Any pictures of your car?
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

The VIN is 119220245 made 11/13/68. I get the car tomorrow and don't have any pictures yet of the interior panels. While searching online I have seen a number of classified ads where the seller states the car has leather seats and lists the 9822 option from the COA. I'm leaning towards repro Sport S with houndstooth anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Djthom View Post
    The VIN is 119220245 made 11/13/68. I get the car tomorrow and don't have any pictures yet of the interior panels. While searching online I have seen a number of classified ads where the seller states the car has leather seats and lists the 9822 option from the COA. I'm leaning towards repro Sport S with houndstooth anyway.
    9852 is leather seats in black for 69
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

I think Porsche owes themselves a pat on the back for putting out one of the most accurate COAs to date! Only one obvious error!