Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Racing Porsche photos

Old Racing Porsche photos

We have an "Old Rally photos, 911" thread with some wonderful & interesting images, we have the "Ultimate S/T" & "Ultimate T/R" threads,......but I can't recall ever seeing an "Old Racing Porsche photos" thread. Since many developments to the prototypes were applied to early 911s as well, I think it makes perfect sense to establish and try to perpetuate a thread to help us trace the evolution of 911s in their infancy.......or perhaps it would be best to just toss everything into one heap under the "Old Rally photos" thread.

I found the attached claimed-to-have-never-been-posted-before shots of these Langheck 906s at the '67 Daytona Continental race, (driven by Charles Vogele & Herbert Muller), by pure accident on another site, http://www.gt40s.com I doubt I could ever navigate my way back to that particular thread again.

JZG
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

John,
    Curt Egerer's "Random Historical Porsche Racing Pics " might too cover this issue w 80 pages and still counting...
    here:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ead.php?t=7395

Registry member No.773

none the less....geat photos john.
    the 906LE is one of my very favorites.
    Steve

906-153

that's my old car;3rd oa at lemans in 66;winner index of performance;it is the only surviving 906lh in the world;it was rstored by bob hatchman

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    John,
    Curt Egerer's "Random Historical Porsche Racing Pics " might too cover this issue w 80 pages and still counting...
    here:
    Of course you are correct, John. No disrespect to Curt E. and his invaluable contributions to this forum, but unfortunately additions to that thread are few & far between and it just slipped my mind. Maybe my three shots should just be added to that to keep it all in one place.

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."

Quote Originally Posted by fg1227 View Post
    that's my old car;3rd oa at lemans in 66;winner index of performance;it is the only surviving 906lh in the world;it was rstored by bob hatchman
    Frank,

what a joy it must have been to own & drive that treasure as it was meant to be driven.

Any information on where it is these days and who owns it. I don't recall ever seeing it in the flesh at any of the Rennsport Reunions and / or the Monterey Historics commemorating Porsche. Did it go to Europe ?

Any additional photos from your time with it that you'd care to share with us ?

Thanks,

JZG

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    John,
    here:

Karim:

What a great rear shot of the Yellow 72 Kremer ST...never seen it before...one of the purest before being banged up in competition.

John Gausden, this should help your re-creation effort.

Gib
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Name:  spa francochamps 1969.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  113.2 KB
    spa francochamps 1969
    wich drivers are??

Quote Originally Posted by rs27rules View Post
    Name:  spa francochamps 1969.jpg
Views: 405