Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Dad's 911 (cool picture too)

Deck lid scripts appear to be of 67 vintage; block instead of slanted like the dash and 66 911 vintage...Might be a Deluxe in the making!....Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    +1 please post the VIN so that we can assist with the search
    Hi 72targa. Thanks for your assist. I would like to be assist by you for that.

Not that it will help locate the car, but here is more that the guy who bought it from my dad wrote to me:

"We only had the car for about a year and absolutely loved it. We still compare every Porsche that's come along since with that one. Nevertheless; keeping up with those dual triple Weber carburetors and the purchase of platinum tipped spark plugs undoubtedly was too much for our budget. Unfortunately, I do not have the name of the person I sold it to. The purchaser was a middle aged man with a German accent. I remember two things about the sale. First, upon opening the garage door so he could see it, he said "My baby!" Undoubtedly my price was pretty much non-negotiable after that remark. Secondly, he came with his wife and the money, and left both with us as he took off in his "baby." It was 2 hours before he came back for his wife. During the wait, we expressed concern to her, but she was undaunted and simply said, "He's excited." Wow! Porsche women, there is no substitute!"

So all I need to find is a man with a German accent who calls his 911 "baby"!

Baby, haha!

That is a Porschair AC setup, the Porsche authorized AC setup for SWB cars. It was only dealer installed.

FYI, I haven't come up with any more information on this car. But, the current owner of my dad's black/red 1959 356 that he ordered new, just found me from my similar post about that car! His dad bought it from my dad and his dad just gave it to him 2 weeks ago. He went on line and for "giggles" just googled the VIN number and found me. So, cool. He doesn't want to sell it - understandably. But, I only spent a couple of years in that car and was too young to really remember. And, if I showed up with another car (and just got a Sunbeam Tiger, 40k miles, smooth as silk), my wife will kill me! Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed this car shows up.

Dont loose hope I looked or a car for 4 years in South Africa and found it.....
    You never know what will happen
    911 S Targa 68 11850243
    911 S 69 #119300002 Ex Dr.F Porsche
    911 ST Replica 72
    59 VW Deluxe Microbus 23 Window
    58 Durkopp Diana Scooter

One more thing. Here in California, I was able to get someone to look up the VIN on the 356 and confirm that it was actually still registered here. That didn't lead to me finding the car. But it might have ultimately. Does anyone here know of anyone who might have such access to information in Illinois for the VIN on the 911?

It used to be that with a VIN you could even get in touch with the owner. Don't know about the rules on that in Illinois. But, if I could at least find out if it is actually still registered, that would be cool.

Fun update. At least for me! For as long as I can remember, I have had a Porsche key attached to an old Porsche key fob. I always always thought it was from my dad's 356. When I found the guy who now owns my dad's old 356, I offered to send him the key. Seemed the right thing to do. But, once I went back and found it, I realized it was longer than the key for the 356 I once owned. Further research showed it to be a 911 key! So, I'm holding the key to this missing 911 - and sure hoping that if I do find the door handle it fits into, it's not a loose door on the rack of one of the dismantlers!

I did sadly confirm that the car VIN is not in PCA's membership database. Then again, I don't think I've registered all the Porsche VINs I have owned with PCA either.

I just got the following information on this car:

Engine/Motor 9079XX
    Color/Farbe 6606=irischgrün/irishgreen
    Interieur Leder braun / interiour leather brown
    Händler Werksverkauf / Dealer factory sale
    Rechnung Juli'66 / receipt july 66
    keine Extras / no extras

What does "Dealer factory sale" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Laifman View Post
    I just got the following information on this car:

Engine/Motor 9079XX
    Color/Farbe 6606=irischgrün/irishgreen
    Interieur Leder braun / interiour leather brown
    Händler Werksverkauf / Dealer factory sale
    Rechnung Juli'66 / receipt july 66
    keine Extras / no extras

What does "Dealer factory sale" mean?
    Delivered to owner at factory, I believe (factory pickup)
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624