Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just because.....wow

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar

Just because.....wow

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">So, anyone want to try this ???

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G2IrPZBKquQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

HD Theater's coverage of the TT is worth the price of HD cable by itself. This event is on my bucket list for sure
    Last edited by beh911; 06-16-2011 at 03:34 AM.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

A friend of mine has been going to the IOM TT every year for the past 30 years.

I would love to ride the course, but not at those frickin' speeds. You gotta have a screw loose to do that!
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Paid Member # 1991
    [QUOTE=John Fusco;517366 So, anyone want to try this ??? [/QUOTE]

As a spectator or racer? I think you know the answer

- MR

As a spectator. Even after 40 years of following the TT, can't wait for this flick to be released.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QldZiR9eQ_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Watching those fellows putting it all on the line like that - watching that makes me so happy.
    Beyond category.

Some funny bits here from this year

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kxUlCmnntPQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

thanks for sharing John. it is so close to Manchester . I would want to visit those roads.

You up for it , John?

Gytis
    1967 911 matching numbers car ( sold )
    1968 911T/R #0805 (SONDERWUNCH AUSSERH DER M.LISTE NR184****) SOLD
    1969 911E MFI matching ALL numbers SOLD
    1981 911 Target 4K ( SHIFT trip-Nürburgring-SPA and SOLD )
    1986 930 "Carnivore" ( "while I'm there" mode )

I always really enjoyed watching Joey Dunlop's laps, the guy was magic. I'm hoping that the movie plays somewhere close by so I can see it on the big screen.

John, watching those tank slappers between the stone walls gives me shrinkage!
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

It is very early but I have In-Laws in Ireland and friends in Paris - and a Le Mans/ TT would be an awful nice combo....

I think Jim, that the absolutely undeniable risk is what makes it the Greatest Race.
    Watching it gives you something even Moto GP or Car Racing, or Bullfighting can't deliver any more - being a witness to someone LAUGHING/PLAYING in the face of death.
    I'm not saying that it is a good thing that it is so dangerous but the truth is without that very real anxiety and fear that you get watching someone risk their life - and on top of that - to see them so alive doing so...
    By doing it, they give a gift to us all, us ordinary humans who can not take that risk and who's comfortable lives often make it/death seem abstract or at best (or I should say worst) personal. It is what makes them so Heroic.
    It is good that no-one died at Le Mans this year - that cars can be made so safe is also a testament to humans abilities to overcome problems.

But you don't feel the same thing watching someone do something that MIGHT kill them as you do watching someone doing something KNOWING in your churning GUTS it WILL kill them should they make a mistake.

It is a very special and very rare (perhaps that is a good thing) and valuable thing to experience and I am grateful that there are humans crazy enough to walk up to that line (or at a buck 80) and laugh at that thing looking at them from the other side.
    It certainly makes THEM (in my eyes) larger than Death - and a small piece of me/us goes with them.
    Last edited by John Fusco; 06-23-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

untill you shed the light ,I never heard of this event. I always wanted to do EU trip in my car. Now trip map become larger ( in my maind at least .

John, my son is in Manchester, UK and 67 911( in EU ) will deffinetly be done before spring of 2012......

Gytis
    1967 911 matching numbers car ( sold )
    1968 911T/R #0805 (SONDERWUNCH AUSSERH DER M.LISTE NR184****) SOLD
    1969 911E MFI matching ALL numbers SOLD
    1981 911 Target 4K ( SHIFT trip-Nürburgring-SPA and SOLD )
    1986 930 "Carnivore" ( "while I'm there" mode )