Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1969t VALUE

1969t VALUE

Hello All, have looked at a 69T a coupe for sale a couple of times the car looks good has had some work done.
    Karmin body with 901/16 a us motor so I don't think #'s match. Not sure if it's alumium I think they changed mid year serial #6199321, webber IDT's
    Turbo valve covers no Carrera tensioners, said engine work was done but no back-up.
    Has aluminum engine lid and rear valance I think. Sway bars front & back were they stock for thay year?
    Proper Durant mirror and interior looks to be intact small tear in driver seat.
    Deep 6 fuchs all round no spare. Starts and runs fine. Appraised back in 03 for arond $20,000 I don't think it was a porsche guy.
    Car has been sitting for some time and not advertised, maybe Christmas special?
    I didn't take any pictures because I wasn't really looking to buy but I looked at it twice that says something!
    Just wanted some opinions being a T and not E or S.
    I know the 69's are a transition year and may have a higher value.
    ANY THOUGHTS
    Thanks for looking

I think it is not easy to price a non matching car...

Very difficult to offer an opinion without pictures and an appraisal of body condition (rust).

Regardless of mechanicals and proper parts, I would base my own valuation efforts around the structural condition of the car.

69 cars had no rust proofing
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

I have seen different estimates on what year the factory rust proofing started. Do you know?

Critical areas received some attempts at rust proofing in 70. 69 was the last 'naked' chassis
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

The galvanizing of the body's started in 1974 but those rust also. You need to inspect for rust. It's the most important thing to look for when buying a Porsche.
    72S, 72T now ST

Go back and take some close up pictures of the front pan, underside, front and back window sills, bottom of doors, rocker panels, drivers door jam with the square plate, etc.. also the engine number.

Deep six and aluminum engine lid are a plus. Sounds like it might have the "S" appearance group.

Quote Originally Posted by EA911 View Post
    Go back and take some close up pictures of the front pan, underside, front and back window sills, bottom of doors, rocker panels, drivers door jam with the square plate, etc.. also the engine number.

Deep six and aluminum engine lid are a plus. Sounds like it might have the "S" appearance group.
    I wll try and get some pictures I did post the engine # 901/16 with IDT webbers.
    The door post plate 69-6802-1
    Can you tell me what the "S" apperarance group consists of, I think it does have the S trim on the outside including the chrome overriders.

Sorry I ment the engine serial number. Ultimately the COA or Kardex will tell you if you have the matching engine to your chassis but in the meantime the first three numbers after the star symbol should be *619XXXX. 6 = no. of cylinders; 1 = 911T; 9 = Year 1969; XXXX = build number.

As for the S appearance group I believe (others will know better) it consist of at least the following items:

Aluminum door sills
    Thicker rubber mouldings
    Chrome rocker panels
    911S instruments

Pictures will tell us a lot
    Last edited by EA911; 12-16-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Doesn't have the whole S gauges because the tach only goes to 6000 does have the chrome sills.
    I see the motor is a 901/16 US T model which doesn't match the Karmin body. The 901/16 only made. 343 models is this motor that different or just to match the 5speed gerbox?
    Thanks for all the replys nice to get help to spend MORE money on great cars!
    Motor # 6196321 build # 22559 will check #'s and forward to 5ave's 901 list