Thread: 1969 S questions

1969 S questions

Hello All,

I am a new to posting here, I have a few questions regarding a project that I been helping out with. A family member has a 1969 S Tagra with a soft back window that we have the motor out of to do a complete reseal, clean up and adding back the original MFI to replace the current PMO weber set up on the car. The motor disassembly / assembly is being handled be a well known shop here in the Philadelphia area. While the motor is out I have been cleaning the up and painting the tin work, fan shroud, transmission, exhaust.... basically just busy work type stuff. I have two questions for the brain trust here.

The fan shroud was painted at some point to match the color of the car ( Polo red ) and while cleaning it up I noticed the color on the back side was much different, it seems to be a much orange/red color and I am assuming that this color in the fiberglass gel coat was what the front side looked like originally. I understand that it is had to tell without posting some photos but was the stock S fan shroud color more of an oragne/red mix?

We would to get the MFI pump looked over once before we put the system in, any suggestions? The 911 tech person @ the PCA sent us a listing for a company out in Long Island, NY that seems to have gone out of business in the past year or so.

Thanks again for any help, this site has been a wealth of information during the past year.

Here on the left coast the preferred MFI expert is Gus. Good luck with your project.

Pacific Fuel Injection (Gus Pfister)
    Suite B, 153 Utah Av
    South San Francisco, CA
    Tel. 650-588 8880
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

sent you a private message. my 69S is in the philly area if you would like to have a look at my engine.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

You're in luck. I'm in the garage, with a Polo Red 69S, and a 69S shroud for you to compare. The MFI shroud (E and S) is a one year only part, btw.

Welcome to the forum...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Ha, What are the odds of that beh911! Man, this site is a life safer. I am glad to see that we have the correct fan shroud too, I have been collecting photos over the past few months and I was starting to worry that when the original owner switched to Webers that he might have switched the shroud too but your photo just put my mind to rest. I know that it is hard to judge by the photo but your cover seems a little more red than ours but I am just going to match the color to the bottom and keep fingers crossed.

Thanks for the lead on Pacific Fuel Injection, that was who the shop doing the motor had mentioned as well, I was just looking to see what options are around - if any. Any experience on what wait times at PFI are, based on past experience?

Macroni, Thank you for the offer, I will respond off line.