Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1995 928 gts.......$95,000

1995 928 gts.......$95,000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-30-...item256bbe711a

I had never even heard of this model...... Looks like it would be quite a bit of fun.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

this belongs with your once upon a time 7-series Luke. Same ethos. Great big GT. very close to supercar though, but not supercart.

Help ma they're gunna wash my car

Actually, the starting bid is 99,500. Ouch...
    Lee Fishpaw

O Gruppe #20
    Early S Reg #2175
    R Gruppe #714
    '70 914-6
    '88 911
    '85 928S
    '74 260Z
    '74 TR6

i could get you a rhd one over here at the moment for $30k nz ($24,000us) . i even have a guy with one here that has been tweeked to inc direct injection nos.........
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

Cool car, but you'd really have to be in love to pay anything near that price. There's a reason these cars are underappreciated.

I had a mint '78 that I just couldn't resist when I saw it for sale. I like so much about the design. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the car except about five hundred pounds and a seating position that resembled a '70s Corvette. I could easily live with the engineering idiosyncrasies, of which there were many. What I couldn't live with was the feeling that I needed to grow a mustache, open up my shirt a few buttons and throw on some gold chains. Very much a product of the '70s--and that's not a compliment.

A 78 had to very cool. Can you say pasha interior?
    Mike Baum #505

57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint
    60 Citroën ID
    61 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile
    64 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI
    66 Lancia Flavia Sport Zagato
    69 911S Targa (Soft Window)
    72 Alfa Romeo Junior Zagato 1600

A friend just sold his 2nd owner mint 29,000 mile 85 928S Euro, full documentation, custom ordered paint, etc.... $12k.

It's hard to imagine the subject car being worth the suggested amount, but stranger things have happened
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Reed I would love a 78 w/ Pasha interior..... I could borrow one of my wife's gold chains......
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Porker GTS

Quote Originally Posted by reed View Post
    . . . Cool car, but you'd really have to be in love to pay anything near that price. There's a reason these cars are underappreciated . . . I had a mint '78 . . . Very much a product of the '70s--and that's not a compliment . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    . . . friend just sold his . . . 85 928S Euro, full documentation, custom ordered paint, etc.... $12k . . . hard to imagine the subject car being worth the suggested amount . . .
    The GTS is a very different car from other 928s.

More powerful. V8 was up to 5.4 liters --- ~350hp/~375 lbft --- and, like the car it was built for, a bruiser, launching the not-svelte GTS to 60 in about 5-and-a-half sec, topping out around 170. Alu doors, hood, and hatch. Widened/flaired rear quarters. Big Reds, special suspension, LSD (electronic + variable), etc. Inside, top-shelf stereo, climate control, lux carpeting, leather everything.

These were the model run-out cars and almost all were ‘special orders’ --- didn’t Brumos have the very last one? --- in bright metallic Kermit green. Most listed ~$100k new, making these Porsche’s most expensive cars. Less than a hundred US units made that last year.

Never Porsche’s top-dog power-wise, the 928 wasn’t even much of a sports car, really . . . but a heck of a Big Fast GT. Braking, cornering, accelerating? Sure --- it’ll do that. But the thing weighs, like 4000 lbs, so . . . .

. . . Why would you want to?

Instead? How ‘bout . . . race you cross-country --- loser buys dinner. Oh yeah --- one thing. Ya gotta take your Ole Lady.

Big as a house? Sure. It’s supposed to be.

Seller’s smoking a Fat One for that kinda Asking, but still . . . . a very special car.

(. . . even with those hideous wheels.)

R
    Last edited by LongRanger; 01-25-2012 at 12:48 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

Shagadelic. And I mean shag literally. That carpet pile was at least one inch long.

928 023.jpg