Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INRE: 1969 911S I've found

INRE: 1969 911S I've found

I'm a bit amazed. I had hoped to post the pictures solely to get some advice on the originality of the car and perhaps check that my value estimations were somewhat accurate. But since posting that thread here and on Pelican, I've received several emails that warn me of many who will try to swipe the car from my hands before I get the deal done. The purchase price has been agreed by both parties, and provided the car is what the Seller says it is, I'll be going forward with the deal as agreed. I've bought/owned lots of classics; I know how to do a deal.

So I deleted the whole thread and consequently the pics; apparently this is causing somewhat of an uproar. It's best that I just do the deal with the Seller as I am, and try to keep this deal quiet.

Raj, I'm sorry if my post pissed you off. I only wanted advice from others who know more than I do, and this forum seemed like it had the most experts. In Mercedes-land, a post on a forum can quickly get the member's opinions on the car's originality - that's what I was hoping for. I certainly was not hoping for a mad-rush to figure out who the seller is and get the car stolen from me. The thread is gone, the Seller and I are going forward.

POS,

In your original thread, I tried to respect your wishes and analyze the car for you, if you recall some of the stuff I pointed out on it. I agree the thread went off the deep end way too quickly but I don't point any blame, it's the nature of crowd psychology on the internet and right now the crowd is rabid over early cars.

I have absolutely no interest in your 1 owner 69S, as I have my own going on a year now. I also started a thread on this model year that you may find interesting. I also maintain a VIN tracking database on 1969 and would love to add the numbers from yours to it. They made a few hundred S Targas that year, way prone to rust, so rest assured you have a very rare car (almost) in your hands.

If you want any sort of factual advice or analysis of your car, just ping me off line.

BTW, I don't care what you paid for it. I'm just happy to find someone looking for information.

We were all there once, even the royalty on this board.

Hope it works out.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

POS - sorry to hear about your experiences on the forum. I wouldn't be surprise if the pics you posted were analyzed by a team of experts to determine the cars whereabouts.

Goodluck in your purchase and please post more pictures once the deal is done.

Thanks, guys. I know most were out to help. I'll finish the deal next week and then I'll post some good pics and then we can have a cool discussion about this car and what it needs. I'm not upset with this forum. Thanks for the support. Hopefully I'll post some pics mid next week. Deal should be done by then.

I hope that the thread is restored after you close the deal. Archiving information like that thread is one of the main reasons for this forum, as far as I'm concerned.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Tom F. You just hit 911 post with that last one

It's my lucky day! I felt badly when I got S Registry member #910, but this kind of makes up for it.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Double bonus you just hit 912

Ok thats it. More milestones to come.
    Last edited by EA911; 02-21-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom F. View Post
    I hope that the thread is restored after you close the deal. Archiving information like that thread is one of the main reasons for this forum, as far as I'm concerned.
    + 1
    I'm always disappointed when a poster deletes a thread containing a good discussion. The board is about sharing information and archiving the collective knowledge of the members.
    I know there are guys out there that are looking to steal a deal and even flip for a big profit, but I'd still like to see conversations remain posted.

Good luck with the deal, and I look foreword to the upcoming "my new car" post

Kent
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Hello Pos,

Sorry to hear about the short comings, i can understand to be a tad aprenhensive, with the flippers, but most of the guys here are all well intended, RAJ for one and many others.
    Since you are in Texas i do recomend EDMAYO, i say his since i recently bought an S car from him, outstanding guy , very good mechanic. The S that i bought is so good that its a keeper, and will probably return to the USA when i go back.
    Keep us posted on you great find, and good luck with the rest of the deal.
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771