Thread: Mirror Adhesive Pad

Mirror Adhesive Pad

Anyone found a solution in black? Sounds like most users are less than happy with the white pads currently available...

Anyone?

Thanks as always,

Alex

Paid Member # 1991
    Quote Originally Posted by lexatola View Post
    Sounds like most users are less than happy with the white pads currently available...

Anyone?

Thanks as always,

Alex
    Wow - I didn't think of that one. I replaced my mirror pad a year ago and never thought about it or even noticed it until you brought it up. I was just happy I got the old one off without breaking the mirror. Hint - piano wire or equivalent used in a careful sawing motion helps with this.

EDIT: The reason I pulled the mirror off was to reposition it, lower. PO had moved the mirror too high for some reason and it interfered with the sun visors.

- MR
    Last edited by MountainRoads; 06-22-2012 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Clarity

I don't have first hand experience - mine was glued on. But I read in other posts that the pads were black and now they are white and there are those who didn't like how the light color pad looked. I dunno...

Still looking for black,

Best,

Alex

I recently bought an adhevise pad from Pelican and it wasn't white. It looks fine mounted.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

After multiple attempts of heating the base first, heating the glass first, putting it on the glass first, putting it on the base first, etc etc, I gave up. I bought the next generation with the small round metal disk that is glued on the glass. The rest of the mirror is identical. I've never had a problem since. That was about 20 years ago. Guess it depends on how authentic you want that part, and how often you want to catch the thing as it falls!

The original pad was black two sided tape. The same shape as the mount. The mirrors were prone to falling off in the heat. So we pushed them on very hard, so hard that once we cracked a windshield...
    So much for free installation.
    H