Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Period Photos of 911 Hotrods

?

Quote Originally Posted by demo View Post
    . . . still have the magnesium gear shift knob from Brian Redman & Pedro Rodriquez Sebring 934 . . .
    Might wanna check that autograph . . .
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_...racing_driver)

Pedro Rodriguez was killed at the Norisring, in Nuremburg Germany, in 1971

Attached Images Attached Images   

We Can Be Heroes

This has been posted before but is my favorite picture of Franz. Back at factory...

Name:  2.5L ST engine at factory.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  96.9 KB
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Re: brown car

Logan,

Was that photo taken in the paddock at the '72 Road Atlanta Can Am???

A bunch of drove down from Indianapolis to see the race after we heard Donohue had unlapped himself at Mosport.

We saw that brown car in the paddock...flairs, sport muffler, and thought it must have been a PCNA manufacturer's car. It was, at the time the first time any of us had seen flairs on a street 911. Blew us away.

Do you have any additional info on that particular car...who built it, motor, etc.

Where is it now??

Thanks,
    Mark
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

Franz shop early 80's. Bob Akin Red 935.

Name:  HPIM9884.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  66.3 KB
    Name:  HPIM9887.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  83.0 KB

Thanks guys. I am going to start uploading pictures tonight. Franz is still going at it in Tucker GA. I worked for him in high school as a shop "Do boy" & on the race team. The last picture is actually the shop he is still in. As for " The BROWN car ", the picture was probably taken at Road Atlanta. I found a copy of a title but I need to figure out the color code. If anyone touched that motor it would have been Franz Blam. Franz & my father worked together for years. I believe that my father was one of the first people that Franz met in the States. There are quite a few stories between the two of them. I need to stop by & see Franz to refresh my memory. I've found some good pictures of both of them. I have also found few good pictures of Mark Donohue. I'm still trying to organize everything. I actually found the original documents for the building of North Lake Porsche Audi. I can't wait to share everything

North Lake

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE BEIZER SPORTS View Post
    . . . going to start uploading pictures tonight. Franz is still going at it in Tucker GA . . .

. . . still trying to organize everything. I actually found the original documents for the building of North Lake Porsche Audi. I can't wait to share everything . . .

Me, too!

We Can Be Heroes

I'm still working on getting everything organized. I don't want to hijack this thread with all the random pictures. I'll post them to my profile &/or start a new thread. This was just a taste...

Did your dad have anything to do with this early Franz Porsche? Noticed the colors are similar.

Name:  13227012_1608362469478771_7911362614602733862_n.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  97.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by smedley View Post
    Re: brown car

Where is it now??

Thanks,
    Mark
    The car was featured in R&T back when it was new. According to the article, Northlake did the bodywork (flares) and the engine was a 2.5. I was fascinated with the car, so I tracked Steve down. Here is the post that I made on the RGruppe Forum in Jan 2010.

"I have been thinking about this car ever since Curt started this thread. Last year I did some searching for Steve Beizer without much luck. Last night I searched again and I am happy to say that this morning I had a very nice conversation with Steve.

Sadly, my fantasy of this car being tucked in a Georgia garage for the past 35 years was not to be. Steve believes that the car was crashed in the 70's. He did tell me that he did an even better '73 with cool stuff like high-butterflys and he thinks that this car still exists....hmmmm.

Unfortunatly, Steve's health is very poor and the impression I get is that it may be a bit grim. He seemed excited to talk to someone about his involvement in the sport/hobby and promised me that he would dig out his old photos for me. He said that it would give him something to do! He was good friends with Donahue and Penske and Mark stayed at Steves home after his crash at Road Atlanta in the 917"

Steve was very kind to share some time with me and I'm excited to finally see the photos. Thanks Logan.

BTW, this deserves its own thread....
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439