Thread: Hey new to the forum 1969 911 E Q's

Hey new to the forum 1969 911 E Q's

Just wondering if anyone has run into to this, I picked up a 1969 911 E that had some kind of cis system that was not in working order so I decided to take the car back to a MFI setup.

The 001 and 005 MFI's made by bosch were made for the 911 S of the same year, 002 and 006 for the E. I have gotten hold of a 005 made for the S and I'm having it tested to see if it is in working order for my car.

The way I understand it is the MFI'S are pretty tune able in the right hands. My mechanic is old school and trained in Germany around the same time.

The 005 has the same dual solenoids as the 006 and the same mounting bracket, the 005 should work as well since it is also designed for the 2.0 liter engine. Anyone run into this?

Congrats on taking a step in the right direction in going back to MFI. You won't regret it!
    The pump will bolt on just fine. The only issue I'm aware of is that the S space cam in the S pump may not work especially well with your E cams in the engine. Some degree of tuning can get it in a decent spot, but the space cam and engine cams are really designed to work together as a matched set.
    I'm sure others will have some input here. Just thought I'd get the ball rolling.

Kent
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Your S pump is worth more so you should be able to come out ok in a trade. Happy hunting! try tom3456(close?) on the board here for reasonable priced mfi stuff. Steve

If you get the exact model MFI pump made for a 1969 911E, your chances are much better on a fine running car. Otherwise you may end up with ghosts in the machine. Trick or treat. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Call Mark at mfiwerks.com and he'll get you on the right path.
    72S, 72T now ST

Eli,
    Welcome. I am the one who posted the 006 pump correction on your pelican thread. All the above replies are accurate and helpful.

Get to know this site well.
    I will try to offer some more insight once I am 'unstuck' by Sandy and on a decent Internet connection...
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Just got off the phone with Mark over at MFI Werks verified everything everyone has said. He did say you could detune the 005 to make it work but would still be better off with a 006. I think I'm going to swap out the 005 I have to get one of the 006 that he has. The pump will also come tested and set to factory specs which will be great.

beh good luck Sandy looks like a mess.