Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hagerty price guide update

Hagerty price guide update

Just an FYI. Hagerty has released the December price guide and from the minor digging I was doing on the early SWB cars it looks pretty flat across the board.

Not sure how accurate their market analysis is, but it seems to provide some guidance.
    1996 993 black/tan

Quote Originally Posted by oscillon View Post
    Just an FYI. Hagerty has released the December price guide and from the minor digging I was doing on the early SWB cars it looks pretty flat across the board.

Not sure how accurate their market analysis is, but it seems to provide some guidance.
    Not flat for the LWB S... holy hockey stick!

Name:  Snap1.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  51.0 KB
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Those hockey sticks never end well, those prices are going to come back down IMHO. But these cars are still going to hold their value overall, but nose bleed prices will settle down a bit.

I think back to my high-school days and all the old 70s cars the kids were driving around as beater cars, old camaros mustang fast backs and the like. You could literally buy some of those cars for a grand any day of the week. Add some 20 years and now they are like gold.

Thx for the late Christmas gift!
    Dave Pugh
    '73S #493
    RGRUPPE #627
    http://pughmedia.tumblr.com/

Senior Member Christian Guthrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Those hockey sticks never end well, those prices are going to come back down IMHO. But these cars are still going to hold their value overall, but nose bleed prices will settle down a bit.

I think back to my high-school days and all the old 70s cars the kids were driving around as beater cars, old camaros mustang fast backs and the like. You could literally buy some of those cars for a grand any day of the week. Add some 20 years and now they are like gold.
    I bought my 69' Camaro for $900- in 1989. What a great first car! ( until I wrecked it)

old softie67S
    I do not think the Haggerty data is market or sales data. I could be wrong, but I believe it is a reflection of what policy holders are insuring their cars for. This is a materially different data set. I does probably reflect what current owners of those cars would expect to realize if they were going to sell.
    Tom

67S soft rear window
    60 356 Cab
    70 914-6 3.2 short stroke twin plug
    05 Audi S4 Cabrio (commuter)
    05 Audi Alroad (family driver)
    Aprilia SR 50R (Sanibel scoot)

Quote Originally Posted by tomkirkcis View Post
    I do not think the Haggerty data is market or sales data. I could be wrong, but I believe it is a reflection of what policy holders are insuring their cars for...
    This link helps explain how Hagerty establishes its valuations:

http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/About-our-prices

There explanation sounds logical. The only thing that may not be accounted for would be private sales, which could be considerable, though not enough to skew the statistics enormously.
    Mark Erbesfield
    2018 911 Carrera T 7spd manual 😊
    1973 911S #9113301282
    1957 356A #58648
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FST (Factory Soft Top)
    1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 “Patina Queen”
    1979 MB 450SL "Dad's old car"
    2019 Cayenne "Wife's car"

Quote Originally Posted by tomkirkcis View Post
    I do not think the Haggerty data is market or sales data. I could be wrong, but I believe it is a reflection of what policy holders are insuring their cars for. This is a materially different data set. I does probably reflect what current owners of those cars would expect to realize if they were going to sell.
    We have a winner.

After reading the Haggerty official explanation I'm convinced that they use mostly customer reported data and insured value (agreed value).

This can only be good should you actually need to call in a claim.
    Last edited by Mr9146; 12-30-2012 at 06:12 AM.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Thanks for everyone's interest in Hagerty Valuation Tools. As the site's manager, I just wanted to clarify that the prices we report are indeed market prices. They should provide you with an idea of the price for which you could buy or sell a given 911.

The published values are independently produced by appraiser and market authority David Kinney and are unrelated to claims and insured prices. Kinney takes into account sales activity across the market, including public auctions, private dealer sales, and peer-to-peer sales in order to assert a car's value.

Hope this helps!