Thread: Various Questions for a correct '70T

Various Questions for a correct '70T

I'm a new owner and want to identify what I need to correct on my 911 over the next few years as I slowly sort it out. I have a few questions about some parts I assume are missing or incorrect.

1. I assume there must be some sort of cover for the area between the floor mats and the lower covered dash. If I look up under the dash I see wires and what not. So what are these covers called and how many are there for both drivers side and passengers side (part number and where to find them)? Are they a certain colour or all the same? How are they secured?

2. What is the correct radio, either factory or dealer installed (manufacturer and model)? I have a Targa HT3000 in it right now which is from the late 80's.

3. Should the Hirschmann radio antenna be silver or black (the part you extend)?

4. Where would a fog light switch be located if one wanted to install them?

Many thanks for all assistance.
    Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by Irish911 View Post
    I'm a new owner and want to identify what I need to correct on my 911 over the next few years as I slowly sort it out. I have a few questions about some parts I assume are missing or incorrect.

1. I assume there must be some sort of cover for the area between the floor mats and the lower covered dash. If I look up under the dash I see wires and what not. So what are these covers called and how many are there for both drivers side and passengers side (part number and where to find them)? Are they a certain colour or all the same? How are they secured?

2. What is the correct radio, either factory or dealer installed (manufacturer and model)? I have a Targa HT3000 in it right now which is from the late 80's.

3. Should the Hirschmann radio antenna be silver or black (the part you extend)?

Many thanks for all assistance.
    Marcus

If you are talking about the area on the underside of the dash proper, there are no covers for the area. It's sort of open by design. If by standing and looking in the car or sitting there looking at the dash you can actually see wires and such, then you can re position the visible stuff further up under the dash.

I'm no member of the radio police on this forum but we do have an active precinct. Someone should add some info for you or do some deep searching on the forum

Silver. Not really any black metal trim yet in 70...

Normally, in the far left position above the radio. You should see the cigarette lighter and rear defroster to the right of this switch to be 'correct'. Lots of examples on the site in pics if you do a search.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

No, I am not seeing any wires or things sticking out when looking into the car or sitting there. I just figured they would have closed it off in some fashion. Good to know I am not missing anything there.

I figure the radio must be a Becker or Blaupunkt but don't know which models. If something else entirely please let me know.

Silver Hirschmann radio antenna seem pretty easy to come by, $20 on ebay. I thought they were a discontinued item or am I looking at the wrong antenna?

I have a push button to the left of the cigarette lighter but don't know what it is for. Any ideas? See picture.
    Name:  radio.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  61.7 KB

The push button in your photo is certainly not original to the car. This would be the position for the fog light swtich or the little black plastic plug with a concave center in a non-fog light car.

My '70T came with a "blue tip" Bosch antenna and the omni-present Blaupunkt Frankfurt US. Hirschmanns were more common as were Blaupunkts when compared with Bosch and Becker...but both were used and available by the factory and dealers.
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series