Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Museum Exhibit

Museum Exhibit

It's still a several months before it opens, but I'm excited and want to share. The North Carolina Museum of Art is going to run a Porsche exhibit starting in October of 2013. It is titled "Porsche by Design: Seducing Speed."

http://ncartmuseum.org/exhibitions/p...seducing_speed

It is a serious collection that will include a 901, a 917, Porsche #1, a Gmund, and numerous other very special Porsches. The Porsche Factory and several other collectors are contributing to the exhibit. We've always considered Porsches art, now the public will be exposed to the same concept.

I saw a great Monet exhibit at that museum some 5 or 6 years ago. Very well curated. Great museum and definitely worth the visit.

Ravi
    Last edited by NorthernThrux; 01-05-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Tailor made for the local Ingram collection and Road Scholars who is, what, two miles from the museum?

I will try to make that exhibit. It is a nice little museum.

I often miss living in Raleigh, great town!
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

I really like the small exhibits that some museums are putting on, the Saratoga Auto Museum did one last year, it was really well done and they got some cool cars, a few even from the Factory. Post pictures when you go.
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

I will DEFINITELY be going. It's a good 9 hour drive for me, but I still need to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    Tailor made for the local Ingram collection and Road Scholars who is, what, two miles from the museum?
    My thoughts exactly. Sounds like a great opportunity to see the Ingram cars out in public.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Here's a recent post on the upcoming exhibit

www.artnews.com/2013/03/14/porsche-show-at-north-carolina-museum/
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

The NC Museum exhibit "Seducing Speed" is going to be a definite must see! For those that want to see Ingram Collection Porsches, plan to attend the Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance on May 5th. Bob Ingram is the Concours Chairman and Porsche is the featured Marque, expect to see some very special Porsches displayed on the golf course. www.pinehurstconcours.com
    Marvin Waters
    25 Yr PCA Member
    10 Yr Early S Registry Member

For those who are putting together the new exhibit, embrace it

I had the please of pleasure of being on the team who put together the one in Saratoga. I want to put together another one.

Here is a my personal stash of pictures

click here:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?t...64146780463617
    1969 911T Coupe Blood Orange (Vivy)

Thanks for the link to your album, Peter. I knew about the exhibit, but was unable to make it out there in time...now I wish I found a way to make it happen.
    Audi
    1986 911 Coupe
    Early S Registry #2351