Thread: 911S/911L Cars for Sale

1968 SWB Coupe
    Polo Red
    Member # 2469

Quote Originally Posted by 68-911 View Post
    vin - 9110300289
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Not in the Registry Database. Dealer shows a good e-bay score according to my sources.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I just listed this '73 S Targa this morning. Its getting bid up pretty quickly. #9113310628

http://tinyurl.com/aypytnq
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    . . . General Information: The car was purchased in Tucson, Arizona from a Michael Thompson. It is beleived to be a 2 owner car. The car was Guards Red when purchased and was repainted Siver Metallic. The original color is belived to be Silver Metallic, and is backed up by, Porsche's Certificate of Authenticity, that comes with the car . . .
    . . . The car is a unique 911 S Targa, equipped with factory (rare) Recaro leather sport seats in very good original condition. The dash has been replaced with a correct factory part. The Targa top was replaced in 2006. The carpeting in in good conditionand as replaced about 5 years ago. The carpeting has been covered by Porsche mats. Most rubber was replaced at the time of painting . . .
    . . . Engine: In 1987, the 2.4S engine was replaced with a high performance 2.7 engine first built by Gary Pumroy, who now has a shop in Albuquerque. The engine has "solex" cams (between early E-S). In November 2007, this engine was rebuilt by Jay Moore (Air Cooled Only) of Prescott, AZ. Jay had been trained and worked for many years by Andial. He knows the early cars. There is about 2000 miles on the rebuilt engine as the car is only used for club events . . .
    . . . Jay rebuilt the Weber carbs in 2006. The transmission was also rebuilt at approximately that time and a Weltmeister short shift kit was added . . .
    . . . The engine compression was boosted to 9.2 to 1 with C & E pistons and the "solex" cams were retained. The car is equipped with a radiator-type auxiliary oil cooler with metal lines and thermostat from an early Porsche race car. The car runs very cool and uses 91 octane fuel, with no additives added. Jay Moore estimated that the car, which is close to 73 Carrera RS specs, develops about 230 h.p . . .
    . . . Options: The car came equipped with factory air, but in the Arizona heat, this original unit was quite ineffective and was removed. The original parts to this unit are available except the front condenser. The most unusual option are the factory Recaro leather sport seats. The headlights are H-4s . . .
    . . . The wheels are 6 in X 15 front and 7 X 15 rear. The two original 6 X 15 rims are in storage and go with the car. Tires are 205 x 60x 15 front and 215 x 60 x 15 rear. All are BF Goodrich H rated with 75% tread remaining . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    . . . General Information: The car was purchased in Tucson, Arizona from a Michael Thompson. It is beleived to be a 2 owner car. The car was Guards Red when purchased and was repainted Siver Metallic. The original color is belived to be Silver Metallic, and is backed up by, Porsche's Certificate of Authenticity, that comes with the car . . .
    . . . The car is a unique 911 S Targa, equipped with factory (rare) Recaro leather sport seats in very good original condition. The dash has been replaced with a correct factory part. The Targa top was replaced in 2006. The carpeting in in good conditionand as replaced about 5 years ago. The carpeting has been covered by Porsche mats. Most rubber was replaced at the time of painting . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Gris View Post
    . . . just listed this '73 S Targa this morning. Its getting bid up pretty quickly. #9113310628 . . .
    . . . Exceptional low mileage 1973 911S Targa . . .
    . . . Matching numbers. High quality paint with no significant flaws. Steel front bumper, original sport seats. Matching date 15 X 6" Fuchs wheels. Functioning air conditioning. Original Mechanical Fuel Injection in good state of tune. Car runs strong, shifts smoothly -- even the first 1-2 shift of the day -- and really needs nothing to drive and enjoy. In terms of completeness, fit and finish, I'd say this car is ready for a PCA "wash and shine" competition . . .
    . . . Excellent chassis with no rust to be found. (I have many photographs of the underside of the car. Originally delivered in highly desirable silver metallic #936, this car has undergone a recent full windows out repaint. Good gaps, as you can see in the photos. Hood/trunk and engine compartment margins show no evidence of accident. Unlike many vintage Targas, the doors open and shut with the car on a lift. Exceptionally flex-free chassis reflects a pampered Southern California life. All suspension bushings have been renewed . . .
    . . . Full leather restoration of original sport seats done less than 300 miles ago by TRE. The dash was expertly recovered by them at the same time . . .
    . . . In my opinion, this would be a good candidate to 'buy and hold' or take it to Monterey this Summer . . .
    . . . Car located in Southern California. It can be seen, driven and checked out prior to purchase. Interior and suspension work was done by TRE in Van Nuys. Some maintenance and MFI tuning by Scientific Auto in Pasadena . . .
    . . . CoA confirms matching engine, transmission and correct color and equipment . . .
    . . . I am listing this car on behalf of the seller. I originally assisted in the purchase of the car for him and know the car very well. I have driven more than a few early 911s -- I've owned over 3 dozen myself -- and this Targa is easily the best I have ever driven in terms of chassis rigidity. It literally feels like a coupe on the road. I will be happy to answer your questions or arrange access . . .
    . . . There are 77 photos of the car on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3238570...7631599201554/
    Last edited by LongRanger; 01-07-2013 at 02:49 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    . . . vin - 9110300289 . . .
    . . . First impressions, In the past year, I've bought several early 911's, (65 911, 67 911S, 73 911S and a 73 911 2.7RS) and this little Signal Orange beauty stands up to all of those. It's a great car which still retains a very original interior in excellent condition. it appears to have been repainted in it's original color once and has certainly been a well-maintained car. It was delivered new in California, but other than that I don't have a lot of history. The undercarriage is certainly clean enough and rust-free, which testify to long-term California ownership. The interior appears to be completely original with good headliner, rear view mirror, sun shades and seats. I'm toying with the idea of keeping this car and would fit new carpet if I did, just to clean it up a little, but i think that there's the right person for this car out there, who might want it exactly as-is or who may want to do their own "sympathetic" restoration . . .
    . . . Mechanics, Overall, this is a very good car mechanically. Prior to our purchase, the car spent a considerable time in storage and received a new fuel tank due to deterioration of the original tank. It also had a thorough inspection and oil change. It runs very strong, has a good clutch, tranny and brakes. The headlights, taillights, brake lights and turn signals all work. The suspension and shocks feel very good. The cars starts, runs and stops well enough to be used as a daily driver. As I've discussed above, I am toying with the idea of keeping this car and if I do, I'll have the engine and tranny rebuilt. The car runs and drives just fine as is, but to make it perfect, it could do with a Porsche guru or enthusiast going through the engine and tranny to tighten it up. I only know how good this car can be because of the really exceptional cars that we've had recently . . .
    . . . Exterior, This car appears to have been repainted in the original Signal Orange several years ago. The paint is in very condition with only a couple of areas that are showing any wear. The glass, metalwork and overall rubber are all in very good condition with no significant blemishes . . .
    . . . Interior, The original black leatherette interior seats are all in exceptional condition. The dash and headliner are in good condition and also appear to be original to the car. The gauges, stereo, air conditioning and interior lights are all in good working order. BLEMISHES: There is a slight "warping" on the top of the dashboard around the passenger-side air vent, which is common on these early Porches. The carpet is in need of replacing, due to the stitching coming apart on the passenger-side of the center transmission tunnel. The electric antenna has stopped working . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Disclosure

Well --- even though the three recent S-cars coming up for sale weren't advertised on our site . . .

. . . it looks like Sellers of Early 911s appreciate + demonstrate openness + clarity as far as their descriptions are concerned

Really --- all three Sellers' descriptions are WAY more detailed than I would expect . . . and I'm genuinely impressed

I'd like to think that's because of us, here on the Registry . . . .

. . . but who knows?

We Can Be Heroes

One of our member's cars. You know; "the guy" with the Penske Sunoco RSR Tribute/Replica.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

WOW I am all in love again! ............. twin thru the hood? now I have to find the thread on this car tx Tom
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128