Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Panorama Magazine.... Making PCA cool.....

Panorama Magazine.... Making PCA cool.....

Is it me or has the last two editions of Panorama made PCA cool? The article on Scott's ST was excellent. The Stout article on the "lesser Ps" was entertaining..... I like the new listings in the classifieds which used to be the only reason I looked at the magazine...... Two thumbs up!
    Last edited by Macroni; 02-13-2013 at 06:29 AM.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Definitely making Panorama a better read for sure. Not sure about PCA being cool though

On the flip side, anyone feel that Excellence is suffering with the latest issues as a consequence...
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    Definitely making Panorama a better read for sure. Not sure about PCA being cool though

On the flip side, anyone feel that Excellence is suffering with the latest issues as a consequence...
    I have to agree- I love Excellence- but the last few issues ended up in the trash a lot sooner than expected. I have confidence they will get their Mojo back.
    Thanks,
    Chad
    911ST Race Car w/2.5L SS race motor.
    1972 911 T- Original numbers car- restoring it
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Chassis #20; Car Number #02
    2011 Porsche Spyder Wht/Blk/ Carbon Fiber Buckets (Sold)
    Powered by Faragallah (Aase Motors)

PCA will never be cool. Pano with Pete Stout though is definitely a huge improvement. I see great things coming. I might even start reading Pano again.

Richard Newton
    Last edited by Richardnew; 02-14-2013 at 06:25 AM. Reason: sp

Nord Stern Region of PCA....west coast side of Region
    odd, because I have always liked BOTH magazines equally but for entirely different reasons.

remember, one IS a club magazine
    reporting the functions and politics of a large organization, with the cross section of America's Porsche personality weighing in on the so called 'flavor' of the issue.

It is not a niche magazine such as what we have here with the Early S's, so it needs to cover it all from pre A to Macan and do it with a certain element of decorum.

As to the coolness factor.
    Of this I could go on for hours; as I feel all my Porsche groups and friends are the coolest in the world. And they belong to many different aspects to the community as a whole. I like all my groups I belong to, and I would hope that all of us here would find a positive in what circle they find themself involved with.
    Without PCA I would have never had near the joy and excitement from Porsche ownership that I have experienced.
    Nor the trip we won at Parade for nearly a month in Germany courtesy of Porsche.
    Nor the trophies and friends won at the parades we went to.
    Nor the opportunity to meet folks like Bruce Anderson and become a better Porsche owner because of it.

so for me, all of that is beyond cool
    Best Regards,
    mrgreenjeans
    member # 1503

-'68 -912 Red
    -'74 -914-2.0 litre - Sunflower
    -'82/83 -944 -M404 - Guards Red
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Guards Red -Weissach Prep. -H52
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Zermatt Silver
    -'84 -944 -M404 - Sunroof Delete - Ruby Red
    -'85.2 - 944 -M456 -Zermatt / Sport Purposes
    -'86 -944 -R74 Spt.Touring Pkg - White/Burgandy
    -'88 -944 - Jubilee Ltd. Ed. -Satin Black Met/Grey Plaid
    -'88 -911 - Tourist Delivery -Venetian Blue
    -'89 -944 Turbo M030 - Satin Black Met.

Very well said
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I agree also. I was wondering how many members here are also members there? I would venture quite a few.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

I expect Pano to become a rockin Porsche Magazine (already well on its way). Dont worry too much about Excellence. Editor Brown was kinda dropped into the deep end of the pool at the last minute, but from speaking with him, I expect him to put his own spin on the magazine and continue its greatness.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

As a original suscriber to PORSCHE (then EXCELLENCE) and as a 40 year (+) PCA member I do think the path of PANO has changed for the better. Congrats to all involved breathing new spirit into this more conservative club publication.
    ORE67S

67 911S-SILVER
    65 356SC COUPE -SOLD
    73 914 2.0 YELLOW [74K]
    74 914 1.8 WHITE

I for one have dropped my PCA membership bc they, at least the local Peachstate crowd is not so "cool". Not tying to offend anyone here, just being honest. I believe this is what Bryce was referring to. Our local PCA seems to be more geared toward the newer cars, though I am sure there are some older cars hiding under covers out there. Our concours shows are very lacking on the early cars. I do hope they, PCA, can draw in a younger crowd though.
    Mark Erbesfield
    2018 911 Carrera T 7spd manual 😊
    1973 911S #9113301282
    1957 356A #58648
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FST (Factory Soft Top)
    1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 “Patina Queen”
    1979 MB 450SL "Dad's old car"
    2019 Cayenne "Wife's car"