Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My newly acquired 73 911 T

My newly acquired 73 911 T

I have been a member of the Early 911 Registry for a short while and thought I would show my recently acquired 1973 Porsche 911 T.

I have owned a number of antique Porsches…… a 64 SC Coupe, a 87 Carrera Coupe, and most recently a 1971 914-6.... that I sold to buy this car. As the club webpage explains so well, these early 911’s are wonderful cars who’s popularity and price have really taken off in the last few years. I absolutely LOVED my 914-6, but when I learned of this 911, I was willing to let go of the 6. My wife allows me just one toy car at a time.

The car is completely original. Paint, interior, seats, carpeting and motor/transmission. The car had spent its entire life in Springfield, MO until I bought it from the 2nd owner last December. First owner had the car for 27 years and the 2nd owner for 12. It currently has 68,800 miles. Fortunately the first two owners kept everything! With the car came all the original paperwork documentation, along with the dealership service invoices for 1,000, 15,000 & 30,000 miles. In the original purchase paperwork, I discovered that the first owner had bought seat covers (even has a Porsche part number on the purchase documentation) which were still on the car when I brought it home. Obviously the covers helped protect the seat upholstery… which today still looks new. I even found & spoke the original owners in Springfield; they were kind enough to send me pictures of the car in the 80’s and 90’s.

As you might expect with a car not used too much,.... it was in need of a complete service. Brakes, tuning, lubrication etc. Thanks to Pat Collins of Northeast Foreign Car in Norcross, GA the car starts, runs & performs wonderfully. (Pat has worked on Porsches for over 40 years and has a real skill/finesse with MFI motors.)

The only change I’ve made to the car was to replace the “sugar scoup” headlights with a new pair of Bosch H-4’s. Have always strongly preferred the H-4’s over the large chrome US headlights.

I intend to keep this one a long time!

Really enjoy the club webpage. My fond appreciation for those responsible for keeping it going.

Tim Huestis
    Brentwood, TN

Name:  011.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  105.5 KBName:  015.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  91.8 KBName:  030.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  134.7 KBName:  029.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  127.7 KBName:  047.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  56.5 KB

Your car looks spectacular. Congratulations!
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Very nice T. I brightened up one of your photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Wow, what a beautiful car!! More pictures please, front boot, engine, door jambs. Thanks! I did the same H4 upgrade on my '71 Targa, what a difference I can see at night. Make sure you tuck those sugar scoops away so they can be passed on.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Congratulations. You found the perfect color car to navigate the green rolling hills of TN.
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Hi Tim,

Beautiful pictures! We haven't met but I have met your car at Pat's. I'm the official 'shop dog' at Northeast Foreign Car.... Pat is the best for sure.

Your car is indeed a beautiful example just as you describe.

Enjoy the car and hope to see you around next time you are in Atlanta.

-Bryce
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Registry member No.773

Tim,

Beautiful car! We met at cars and coffee a few weeks back in Franklin...I have a leaf green 912.

Mike Walker

Thought I would post an update and a few more pictures of my 1973 911 T.

I have attached the bill of sale from June 1973; thought the readers would enjoy looking at all the misc paperwork that came with the bill of sale. I located and spoke with the original owner; she was kind enough to send me several pictures of the car. I included one of her and the car in 1995 at her home. It was very obvious she is quite fond of the car and was glad to know that I was taking good care of it.

After much deliberation I decided to have the car's original paint professionally detailed. While the viper green paint still looked amazing, I tried hand polishing the paint but couldn't make it pop like I knew it capable. After checking around, I ended up using Nathan Looney of Music City Mobile Detail. He came highly recommended from several local Porsche owners. Very pleased with his work! I haven't needed to doing anything to the interior because it was even nicer than the exterior. The interior is also completely original.

Back in June I brought the car to the Music Stadt Porsche Concours meet here in Nashville. It was a low key concours event that didn't involve the extreme detailing that I'm just not interested in doing. Great gathering with about 85+ cars. Was luckly to walk away with "judges choice" and the "Dealer' choice" from the local Porsche dealership. The pictures you see where taken by Bruce Sweetman, a professional photographer.

Have already put about 1,500 miles on the car in the short time that I owned it. Now I am much more comfortable pushing the car and getting the RPM's up to really enjoy what these cars are capable of.

Feel fortunate to have found this car!

A few more pictures of my car.

See the PDF imbededd above to view the original purchase documentation.