Thread: FS: @eBay - 1969 Porsche 911E VIN 119200866 Bahama Yellow

FS: @eBay - 1969 Porsche 911E VIN 119200866 Bahama Yellow

First post, long time lurker...

I've a friend interested in the below car and haven't found any mention of it in the forums so far. The seller seems to have sold plenty of cars in the past with no negative feedback and a high number of posts on Pelican. Just wondering if some of the experts on here could comment on the condition/originality from the photos posted on ebay?
    All comments really appreciated...currently at 42.6K with 1day 10hours remaining and 23 bids.
    Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Refre...orcev4exp=true

No affiliation.

VIN # -119200866
    Engine # - 6292039
    Seller: www.autoinno.com

member name here: geshaghi
    do a search on George's posts
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

I've been watching this car myself.
    Not an 'expert', just an enthusiast for this model year. Some quick but by no means comprehensive observations:

Seller is a member on this board (no affiliation). I think the ad does a good job laying out some detail on the car and the pictures are fairly extensive. We've seen much more disclosure lately in FS ads (on the forum and even eBay), which is great:

Overall condition & observations:
    -Unusual exterior/interior color combo. CoA does not state interior code, but ad claims it is original color redone (Kardex would read interior 9842 if this seat material was original on car). I don't think I have seen Bahama with tan interior before
    -Excessive schutzing of the underside of the car, IMO. When it is on that thick and fresh, it's hard to see the true condition of the metal it is supposed to protect.
    -I'd like to see the gauges all working and the inside glass of each cleaned. Would help interior stand out.
    -Gaps look pretty good except for the hood, which needs some fiddling to get right
    -Some paint issues at the passenger side A pillar junction. I wonder why that is...
    -Bad taping/consideration for painting around the VIN plate on front slam panel and paint/Fed tags in door jamb. That's disappointing as the overall paint still looks good from the pics
    -Not sure that coil is correct for the ignition system on the car, regardless of it being the dreaded blue coil
    -It appears the cold start circuit has been 'jumped' on the MFI console, so I would look for a manual switch up under the dash. If not, it's a less than desirable wiring job.
    -Wiper arms appear to be swapped.

Originality:
    Not much is original, as car has been restored. But here are some notes on 'correct' details that your friend might be interested in:
    -Dash pad is not original (as ad states), but the redo in stitched leather is not the best look, imo
    -Car would have originally had different wheels than either of the sets the seller mentions in the ad.
    -Original engine sound pad, which is rare to see.
    -Matching engine, even though rebuilt, only helps value of the car

IMO, I think the car is getting close to all the money at this point, but it would be nice to see what appears to be a decent driver E set some new price points
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

VIN = 119200866
    Eng# = 6292039
    Trans# = 7198100

Seller's schtick . . .

. . . For sale is this lovely 1969 Porsche 911E Coupe, VIN 119200866, finished in the original Bahama Yellow over beige leatherette, with the matching 2.0 mechanically fuel injected engine (number 6292039). This car was recently treated to a sympathetic preservation/freshening that included an interior re-trim, replacement of rubber seals and trim, professional repair of minimal rust and a respray of the front and rear bumpers. The car was repainted by a prior owner many years ago and still shines nicely. The interior (with the exception of the dash and rear seats) was re-done as part of the recent work in the original color and is beautiful. The dash was recovered several years ago in black leather and shows nicely. The original 2.0 MFI engine was rebuilt by a prior owner and runs very well. The COA indicates that this car was originally delivered on July 3, 1969 with antenna, speakers, forged alloy wheels and air conditioning. The AC compressor and interior vents were removed somewhere along the way by a prior owner, but some components of the AC system remain . . .

I purchased this car in 2009 and drove the car for a couple of years as part of my collection, including a cross-country drive from NC to CA in 2010 and it was driven by a former business partner in two Targa California rallies. In late 2012, I decided to address some more significant oil leaks. The motor was removed from the car and the main seal was replaced along with a few other gaskets and seals. While the motor was out of the car, the body was examined thoroughly and we addressed several small areas of rust. The front and rear bumpers were removed, stripped, and repainted, door and window seals were replaced, and new signal lenses, horn grilles, rocker trim and bumper caps were installed. The interior has new carpet that was matched to color samples removed from the dark recesses of the interior, a new headliner, and recovered front seats along with other trim work. There is a correct Blaupunkt radio installed, which lights up but doesn’t seem to work. The original E gauges are installed, including the correct tach, but the clock doesn’t work. The car has S brakes, recently replaced Bilstein shocks and strut inserts and the original dogleg 901 5-speed transmission mated to the original numbers-matching mechanically fuel injected motor. The motor runs very strong, and was rebuilt by the prior owner (photos and some receipts available). The transmission shifts smoothly through the gears. Currently running on a set of flat 15x6 Fuchs with original finish, a set of four deep-6 heart Fuchs needing refinishing are available for a modest additional cost . . .

The prior owner was a pilot owned the car for many years and purchased the car from his brother, who also owned a 356 cabriolet. I have detailed service records from prior owners going back many years. This 911E coupe is an excellent, turn-key driver that is ready to be enjoyed immediately as is, or taken to the next level. In-person inspection by appointment is welcome. Includes the owner’s manual, COA issued in 1993 and service records and receipts going back many years. Clear NC title is in my possession, this car is licensed, registered and insured and ready to be driven. I can assist with shipping worldwide and can provide a more detailed description to interested parties. Please contact me via eBay with any questions or to make arrangements to see the car or conduct a PPI. All inspections must be completed prior to auction closing. I reserve the right to end the auction early if the reserve is not met . . .

(Not mine)

We Can Be Heroes

George is an honest seller and an all around good guy in my book.

Love the color..Restored but really nice..

George is a GREAT GUY!!!
    A enthusiast, and a gentleman.
    Have no fear.
    Call me if you need more.
    Joe
    Eight 1 Five- 3-Seven-8 -2174

This one is mine, and I appreciate the comments and feedback. For the record, I did not paint the car except for the bumpers. The interior color matches what was in the car when I acquired her, and based on the condition at the time, I believe the color is original (vinyl and carpet), however the houndstooth was my addition. The dash was also done by someone else, and I debated replacing it, but the leather was nice so I left it alone. Happy to discuss the car in more detail off line with anyone who is interested. Thx

My last post didn’t seem to make it, so second attempt.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their excellent input, especially beh911 for going into so much detail. This really helped make up the mind of my friend who was the eventual top bidder in the eBay auction. I know not everyone likes to hear of these car leaving the US but it will be well looked after and will have a good life in the Alps…

Thanks again to everyone and this experience is what makes this forum such an asset to the 911 community

For reference the winning bid was 57.5K USD

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by mellon View Post
    . . . Just wanted to thank everyone for their excellent input, especially beh911 for going into so much detail. This really helped . . . Thanks again to everyone and this experience is what makes this forum such an asset to the 911 community

For reference the winning bid was 57.5K USD . . .

Outstanding!

Found some help, looking in Our Little Corner . . .

. . . and gave us a data-point!

Thanks, Derek

Stay in touch? Maybe send us some photos, every now + again? . . . with a coupla Alps?

We Can Be Heroes