Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You owe it to yourself to buy the latest "Classic Porsche" issue

You owe it to yourself to buy the latest "Classic Porsche" issue

Picked up the latest issue of Classic Porsche at Barnes & Nobles today ( Issue No. # 17 - May/June 2013 )and simply couldn't put it down. Not only Keith's best effort to date, but the extremely enjoyable lead article about Mike Moore's RSR alone is worth getting this issue. Sincere compliments and congratulations to all involved with Mike's effort to create what surely must must be the world's best, most thoughtfully conceived and brilliantly executed historic Porsche re-creation.

What an extraordinary result this exceptional car represents. From Gib's and Mike's initial choice of car and just which early 911 to replicate, and the years-long quest to arrive at the impressive finish as chronicled in the magazine article, it is an informative, beautifully illustrated and highly entertaining read.

Thanks for the story, the superb photos, the dedication and effort, the patience to not debut the car before it was deemed worthy of a proper introduction, and for sharing this sensational, definitive specimen with the Porsche community.

Can't wait to see and hear it in person in its element.

JZG
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 05-29-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

I picked mine up the other day. It may be their best issue.

I have watched and listened to that RSR fly by a couple dozen times now:
    http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/sq...d012b.mp4.html

Beautiful sound!
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Thumbs up

Keith kicked it through the goal again!!!!!!!!!
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

John, I agree, Keith did a great job telling the story and all the background behind the 73 Targa Florio. As I read through the article, I couldn't help but think of all the details that there just wasn't enough copy space to include. Mike's wonderful thread on ddk spans the 6 year odyssey since the car arrived in the UK, and for any real enthusiast, it is worthy of spending an hour or more going through the pages. Mike and I had many email discussions on various points about #107. He made a couple of trips to the US for parts...Harvey's wheels, Matt Blast's High Butterfly MFI, and to my Arizona ranch for some beautiful sunsets and tipping a few.

There aren't many, and maybe no others who will put in the time and treasure Mike has with this project. I think his efforts have influenced others around the world, including me, in how to approach a period project. Hopefully, the wonderful article in Classic Porsche will help to spread the passion for recapturing a 911 from days gone by.

I also agree, John....the rest of this month's Classic Porsche keeps you turning pages....so many classy pics and most are long hoods. And the cover will stop you in your tracks as you walk by a Barnes & Noble magazine rack for sure.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Without the cars and the people behind them, there is no magazine. It's far from being perfect and I'm well aware of that, but it's in my nature to try to improve the product for as long as I'm involved with it. You build 'em, we'll feature 'em.
    Cornwall
    UK

Yes indeed a brilliant article and an outstanding subscription! Please don't retire Keith , ever

Thanks again – been talking with the 'bosses' and they would like to offer a special subscription deal to Early 911S Registry forum users in the USA to say 'thanks'. Normally the subs price is 42 UK pounds (roughly $65 US) but it you can save 6 UK pounds, or around $10, by e-mailing debi.stuart@chpltd.com and quoting "Early 911S Offer". She can run you through the process – or call her direct (she's very friendly and won't bite – bit of a soft spot for the US accent, too...) on 011 44 208 655 6400.

The offer will last until the end of July, BTW.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, our mags arrive OK and ahead of them appearing on the newstands – they're mailed out from the office.
    Last edited by KS Carrera; 05-31-2013 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Added couple of details... :-)
    Cornwall
    UK

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KS Carrera View Post
    Thanks again – been talking with the 'bosses' and they would like to offer a special subscription deal to Early 911S Registry forum users in the USA to say 'thanks'. Normally the subs price is 42 UK pounds (roughly $65 US) but it you can save 6 UK pounds, or around $10, by e-mailing debi.stuart@chpltd.com and quoting "Early 911S Registry offer". She canb run you through the process – or call her direct (she's very friendly and won't bite – bit of a soft spot for the US accent, too...) on 011 44 208 655 6400.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, our mags arrive OK and ahead of them appearing on the newstands – they're mailed out from the office.
    +1 on the mag and +1 on this offer.

That is good for the US folks, any good deal for EU based people ?
    By the way Keith, there might be some good stories in cont europe as well. All the best and live long and prosper.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

I subscribed a couple of months ago. I find I get the magazine much earlier than when it hits Barnes & Noble (I've had #17 for several weeks or possibly a month now) and I don't have the hit or miss situation at Barnes & Noble any more depending on whether it's in stock or not.