New videos on the 911 this month......

http://www.historicvehicle.org/News/...A%20Newsletter

Seth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    - Mark Z

ESR #2450
    http://letter26.blogspot.com/

Pat Collins - Northeast Foreign Car - Norcross, GA

Well, you beat some of the locals here in the Southeast to it as we were just talking about posting a little something on that recent HVA update on Cars That Matter. We were so happy to see the "All-Original 911—Patrick Collins" video make its debut. In this video you get a glimpse of Pat's character as well as his extremely original, 39k miles Stoddard delivered 73.5T. This car is a benchmark for early 911s.

And Pat Collins is the benchmark for what he does for a living. Pat has been working on our beloved Porsches since 1968. I've mentioned him a few times in my ownership thread, and he was supposed to be a part of our Highlands get together this past weekend. At the last minute, he had to bail as parts finally arrived for a 54 Pre A split case transmission rebuild. Personally, I think it was because he was afraid to see his odometer trip 40k in that time capsule of a car he's got .

Pat treats a customer car like it's his own, and his mindset is the main reason people trailer or drive their cars from all over the Southeast to his shop in Atlanta, even for routine maintenance. There is a feeling you get when you meet someone that you know is doing what they love and that their heart and values are committed to what they do. You just want to be around them.

He is the most thorough and honest person you will ever meet and I trust him implicitly with my cars.

I consider myself truly fortunate to count him and his family as friends.

I know I speak for the lot when I say:
    Here's to the best mechanic in the Southeast U.S., or the East Coast proper as others more knowledgeable than me have stated -- Pat Collins, Northeast Foreign Car - Norcross, GA.

-Customer cars
    Name:  IMG_3962.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  144.7 KB

Name:  011.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  105.5 KB

Name:  mcd_56501370601385.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  88.8 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  153.9 KB

Name:  Snap1.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  163.2 KB
    Last edited by beh911; 06-12-2013 at 03:04 AM. Reason: add url reference
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Pat's the best, and the only one to work on my cars for the last 25 years. Here's my '72 911E, one of many vintage Porsches that he treats as his own. There is little more enjoyable than hanging out at Pat's shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Paid Member # 1991
    The videos are pretty cool. They also had a "Like Father Like Son" article in the same newsletter: http://www.historicvehicle.org/News/...ather-Like-Son.

Conspicuously absent was you-know-who. I pointed out the omission via their comments section. We'll see if they post it. "Once there was this guy named Ferdinand, who had a son named Ferry..."

- MR
    Last edited by MountainRoads; 06-12-2013 at 06:39 AM.