Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paint help...

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar

Paint help...

So I am trying to find aerosol albert blue. No places online have been able to find it and the code "325 or 1810" as I've seen around the web. I'm going to be painting the engine bay. Any solutions to a difficult to nail down paint code out there for what I'm trying to do? I'm not even sure where I would get regular paint if these places cant find anything...
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

You'll need to find a high end paint supplier. My guy over here in Oz can put any 2k paint into an aerosol can but not cheap at $40 per can with a minimum buy of 2 cans per colour.
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

I know a place here in Vegas that they do the same they can can any color not sure on the price but if you want ill send you their info ! Here is their site www.dbgpaint.com

Quote Originally Posted by LV911 View Post
    I know a place here in Vegas that they do the same they can can any color not sure on the price but if you want ill send you their info ! Here is their site www.dbgpaint.com
    I'll check it out. I also emailed my buddy who's a chemical engineer at valspar. We'll see how it goes!
    -Kris Clewell

I few years back, I needed to paint a shift collar for a Ford F100. i walked in a local paint supply store, they scanned the door jam to get the right color I needed and mixed it up in one aerosol spray can for me. As I recall, it cost about $15. I dont think this is unusual for auto paint stores.

- Farrell
    RGruppe #577 (Dixie Region)
    S Registry #2490

Quote Originally Posted by Digital K View Post
    I'll check it out. I also emailed my buddy who's a chemical engineer at valspar. We'll see how it goes!

These guys a specialized on auto paint !

member #1515
    Another solution for small areas is to use a modelers type air gun, then you can use a normal small batch of paint.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

A piece of trivia regarding Albert Blue. It was supposedly named after Prince Albert of Belgium when he special orderd an early Porsche around '70. They then made it a factory color in his name.

This same prince turned king just abdicated the thrown earlier in the week.

Back to your search for paint...
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Any shop that sells Dupont's lower end Nason brand should have their fill-in cans. You can get a quart mixed up and injected into it relatively inexpensively. They typically mix up non-catalyzed machine enamel--but you can have them mix something that's catalyzed. Doing the latter route, they have a shelf life of 24 hours or less-but the paint is harder and immune to solvents when it cures.

It takes 23 cans to paint an entire Saab 99 rally car.
    Per Schroeder

Quote Originally Posted by Per Schroeder View Post

It takes 23 cans to paint an entire Saab 99 rally car.
    lol thats funny
    -Kris Clewell