Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Values of various options

Values of various options

Just got my Porsche COA on my 69S Targa. Came with long list of options full leather, AC, wheel arch trim, muffler skirt, special option paint and so on. All still there but the ski rack. Are any of those or others a major value add? Should I bother to try to find a ski rack?

Full leather? I didn't know that was an option on early cars. I'd certainly like leather but that's just a personal preference.
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

I sent you a PM.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Full options list from COA

Full leather int (yup doors, rear deck, all but dash.
    Front susp struts
    Sun Visor w mirror left
    Raised steering wheel hub w rubber steering wheel (?)
    Seats w 20mm raised cushions
    Leather headrests to match
    Auto safety belts

AC
    Rear bumper skirt
    White fog lights under bumper
    Tinted windows all
    footrest
    Chrome lamp luggage comp.
    Antenna
    Engine noise supp
    Speaker in dash
    Ski rack with leather straps
    Chrome side molding
    Special paint from color book
    Mich tires.

Does not list radio but has AM/FM PB that is original I believe and works.

Built 3/13/69

119310318 SN

sounds like a very special car - likely a euro car ?
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Nicely ordered. What was the original ext/int color combo?

Check with Rick Cabell in Vermont. I bought a targa only ski rack from him about a year and one half ago. I think he advertised another within the last three months. Odd looking thing. Looks like an additional handle attached to stainless targa bar and then another piece attached to window trim. I have a rusty rear piece that you can have for the cost of shipping. I don't have the front piece that attached to window frame. Don't know where you would get that? I think Eric Linden looked into production but costs were to high to justify a limited run.

Tom

Frankr,
    Based on your PM reply, please share some more details on your car (pics, CoA scan, story, etc). Here is my first pass on what your car came with and cost in U.S. dollars. We may have to fine tune this as the CoAs are often sent out with errors.

Your car was very well optioned with some rare ones as well. To your original question, the most valuable options at delivery were AC and full leather interior. In today's world, some of the more coveted are the muffler skirt, and ski rack. Looking forward to hearing more about your car. I see that has been a long time listing in the S registry database

119310318 - Metallic Blue 69S Targa
    Built 3/13/69

Base price - $8315

Full leather int (yup doors, rear deck, all but dash) - 9291 - $410.00 - *Picture please, unusual option
    Front susp struts - ??? most likely CoA transcribe/translate error
    Sun Visor w mirror left - ??? most likely CoA transcribe/translate error, this was standard
    Raised steering wheel hub w rubber steering wheel - 9220 - $31.00 *Picture please
    Seats w 20mm raised cushions - 9432 - $9.00 - unusual option
    Leather headrests to match - 9242 (called out twice on Kardex) - $13.00/ea
    Auto safety belts - 9254&9255 - $40/L & R - most likely called out if they were the newly DOT approved 3 point belts. Unusual for 69. *Picture please

AC - 9278 - $660
    Rear bumper skirt - 9323 - $55
    White fog lights under bumper - 9337 - $59
    Tinted windows all - 9346 & 9348 & 9354 - $51 and $14 and N/C
    Footrest - 9563 - unusual if this is called out on Kardex in 69. Maybe CoA transcribe/translate error but you say car has all listed options installed? *Picture please
    Chrome lamp luggage comp. - *Pic please, no callout on my factory ordering sheets for 69
    Antenna - 9431, manual, $20 or 9433 if electric, $123
    Engine noise supp - 9435 - $20
    Speaker in dash - 9437 - $16
    Ski rack with leather straps - 9403 - $39
    Chrome side molding - 9315 - $23
    Special paint from color book - (Metallic Blue) - 6853 - $154
    Mich tires. - 9106 (no charge unless specific brand was ordered)

Does not list radio but has AM/FM PB that is original I believe and works. - If it wasn't called out on Kardex, yet suppression kit and speaker were, radio may have been dealer installed or aftermarket unit. *Picture please!

- Bryce
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Interesting on the raised hub and raised cushion - the raised hub is usually for a tall person who has to push the seat way back because of long legs and needs the wheel brought closer / but I would think the raised cushion would be for a shorter person ?
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

I'll take some pix of details to post.. Skirt and front seats out for safekeeping. Orig manual signed by Ferry P and Bott I think. Sent copies to The Esses many years back. AC parts in engine bay also removed and stored.

Euro delivery to US buyer and still has orig H1s too.
    Last edited by Frankr; 09-01-2013 at 02:28 PM.