Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hagerty vs Chubb vs. Grundy

Hagerty vs Chubb vs. Grundy

Passing this info along to be helpful....priced Hagerty and Chubb..price was the same. Grundy was 25% less than both.

This was based on their online application.

Calling to make we are comparing apples to apples on Monday.

Just switched from Hagerty to Chubb last week myself
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

If you are thinking of Chubb....Call Jeff Walker (908) 572-2313 His email is jwalker@chubb.com (Lisa S. is now in a new position within Chubb)
    He is worth the time to compare and speak with...

There have a been more than just few of us who have made the switch to Chubb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Been with Leland West for nearly 20 years. I've had one claim which was handled to my very great satisfaction...

My 2 cents
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Thumbs up

Recently switched from Grundy to Chubb.........
    Not a bunch of savings, but better coverage... and once you're 'in' they remember your name......... VERY personable service and communication....
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I have two classic Porsche's insured with Haggerty. They are competitively priced and support the Porsche clubs.

Been with Hagerty for years (5 cars). They have been great, they even towed our Boxster(different ins) 215 miles last week. They are the best, don't think I will ever switch

One thing about insurance. Price is not necessarily the indicator for service in time of need. What is most important is how and if they honor their commitment under the insurance policy when your car is lost or damaged.
    Roy Smalley
    member 877

For me, I drive all my cars, including to work. So these policies are basically useless. I called Hagerty and discussed it. They didn't have an option. They can do a one or two off exception. But, for example, the other day my 912 was down. So I drove my '73 911 to work for a week. The guy at Hagerty told me specifically that that would not be covered and there was nothing they could do to cover it.

I have been thinking however that maybe I get their policy and my policy with USAA.

Then again, with my 911 and Tiger are getting so expensive that it's getting to the point where sadly there gets to be a bit of recklessness to actually drive them regularly. Yet, the 911 has been my car for 25 years. Back when it was not worth anything like it is now. It's the same dang car, dang it.

I've had a similar discussion with Hagerty about driving the car for anything but a show, or a get together and received the same response. Does Chubb offer something different, or more comprehensive? I've not been unhappy w Hagerty but just curious to know why folks switched.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Laifman View Post
    For me, I drive all my cars, including to work. So these policies are basically useless. I called Hagerty and discussed it. They didn't have an option. They can do a one or two off exception. But, for example, the other day my 912 was down. So I drove my '73 911 to work for a week. The guy at Hagerty told me specifically that that would not be covered and there was nothing they could do to cover it.
    It
    I have been thinking however that maybe I get their policy and my policy with USAA.

Then again, with my 911 and Tiger are getting so expensive that it's getting to the point where sadly there gets to be a bit of recklessness to actually drive them regularly. Yet, the 911 has been my car for 25 years. Back when it was not worth anything like it is now. It's the same dang car, dang it.
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)