Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valuation of a 911E 69 (B Series) Help!

Valuation of a 911E 69 (B Series) Help!

Hi!

I came across a 1969 911E, nicely restored, maybe not concourse quality but really nice paint job in its original color and brakes, engine and lines rebuilt by a known early Porsche guy in NorthCal. Pretty original (original seats, badge, dash, etc. even with Magneti Morelli ignition). Original seats in great condition (for a +40yr old car). Really really nice driver quality no visible rust (or if there was, it was repaired). Gaps are great. Apparently the car sat since the early 80s in a garage until it was taken out to be restored a few years ago. Reported miles are 62k although there is no paperwork to back this.

I know that without a picture is really hard to value this 911, but what would you say a car like this should be worth? I'm OK with ranges! Anything would help.

Looking forward to join the 911 community shortly!

Thanks!

30-40K but picture will allow for better est.

I didn't say I was selling so no need to lowball me! I'm looking to buy one. If you have a really nice one for $40k, I'll buy from you!

Unknown mileage, unknown mechanical condition, no pictures.

So begins the game.

What sort of replies are you looking for? The first one you have is not far off from what I would have said too.

Valuation (the number one topic on the forum of late) is all down to condition and documentation. And some people obsess over color so add another 10/20% if it happens to be the color you love.

On this forum, you get back what you put in.

Maybe you could share what the ask is for the car?
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

I got some additional info. Color is Irish Green. Asking is $69k. Here are a few pictures of the car.

BTW - my second post meant to be more on the "joking" side, not really serious. Just to make sure people don't feel I was being rude.

Name:  00000_7I3mw9DX3WC_600x450.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  27.9 KBName:  00D0D_gz5R5InN5pm_600x450 (1).jpg
Views: 320
Size:  49.0 KBName:  00D0D_pMUbjgafg2_600x450.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  39.4 KBName:  00i0i_31A2naW8STY_600x450.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  46.2 KBName:  00S0S_8Vs2wNNvF4R_600x450 (1).jpg
Views: 321
Size:  42.5 KB

You ask for an est. with no details or pictures so I gave you a est. yet you come back with that reply. Not knowing you I would take it as being rude. If you don't like the response you shouldn't ask. If you want a 40K car I've got one for you. Here is how I see you playing this. That cars looks to be yours and have been on Craigslist - SF for a few weeks - 3 possible. Surely is a nice car from the pictures and possibly price well. Any serious buyer that looks at that car would have offer you 55K or maybe a little lower unless they see something incorrect or wrong that needs some $$$ to address otherwise it would have not last on Craigslist for 3 weeks. I am no expert and can be totally wrong but other members on here can see the pictures can point out numerous flaws. Why not posted it in the for sale section and see what response you get or feedback. It look like a nice car.

I'm not the owner. I'm looking at buying the car. I was just looking for help. Again, not trying to be rude. Thanks for your help.

I've been seeing matching numbers "E" cars with good paint and mechanicals going for in the $60K range so this car seems to be in accordance with current market indicators if perhaps more on the higher side. That said, really top notch low mileage cars are going for more money but this car seems to be pretty decent from the few pics you post. Of course it has an RS front spoiler so that's not exactly correct and you would need to carefully inspect it to see what else is has been added that is incorrect. Of course you should first make sure it is matching numbers. Not sure if this helps.

I would look it over very, very closely.

From what little can be seen from the fuzzy/dark photos your posted, the decklid grill is incorrect for a '69 and the front spoiler appears to be a fiberglas repro as noted previously. Also one can't read any of the paint code numbers on door tag. Better, more detailed photos in good lighting would be nice.
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Was the suspension completely rebuilt also with the engine, brakes, etc? If not factor that into the price because you will want to do this for it to drive as it was intended. I also see an RS front bumper to change so factor that in also.

Certainly $69K is something I would never pay, so maybe upper $40, low $50K range. That is a still a guess though without seeing it in person which I would highly recommend if you have not done so.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299