Thread: WTB: Looking for 007...H1 lens

WTB: Looking for 007...H1 lens

As in 305 614 007...

I think I bought a pair of H1s just sort out once and for all in my mind the minutia of Porsche 911 Headlamp details.

And that is what is happening. I bought quickly a 'pair' of lamps because the price looked good if not cheap and the reflectors displayed well in photos taken through the clear glass on top.

I did not notice difference in fluting until I took them apart. The entire lamps are different and one is obviously older. So I went through the lamps, put them on my '67 and posted images here. That is the best way to find out definitively that they came out first on 68 row cars. Bosch says they came out in 66 - but they don't say they were on a Porsche Three concerned citizens have pointed out to me that 1) they don't belong on the car and that 2) one of those lamps is harder to come by.

I love it here. Now I'd like to find another incorrect lens for my car

PM please if yi has one.

H1 may have been late 67 on. I have a spare 007 lens.
    Last edited by 66S; 04-26-2014 at 01:28 PM.

And here it is. $125. It has both 007 and 008 on the lens. Maybe Bosch wanted to use one mold for clear and yellow lenses at first although my yellow early lenses have just 008 part nr. ending.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Rick - I'll compare photos to the one on the car...

007 and 007.008 look exactly the same.

And if you don't buy that lens pictured above, may I be second in line please...
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Hey now that Bryce wants it, I'll take it...

Seriously tho, I just went out and looked close at my lens. It is nice, but likely no nicer than your offering Rick. So the lens pictured here will do the trick!

Nothin' fancy There will be more - cheers

rick please pm w/ payment details