Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: @Samba - Sleeper 69T Buy

FS: @Samba - Sleeper 69T Buy

No affiliation:
    Buried in the Samba ads, I found this little jewel. Great color and matching numbers. Too bad about the army tank floors. Lots of potential IMHO.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...php?id=1628556

Los Angeles
    119121xxx
    Olive non-sunroof coupe
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

If that car is $23K then our 72T project - which is in better condition - must be worth $50K.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Are these the army tank floors ? What is that contraption by the foot board? Some kind of box? 23k for a non running bare bones 69T that needs everything may be a bit optimistic, but in this market, worth a try. a $10k car 3 months ago IMHO.
    Attached Images Attached Images

~J~
    air cooled only

I drove for an hour this morning to look at this car. I made him a serious cash offer and he declined my offer The car needs a total resto, including rust repairs. If anyone wants the details, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by gsjohnson View Post
    I drove for an hour this morning to look at this car. I made him a serious cash offer and he declined my offer The car needs a total resto, including rust repairs. If anyone wants the details, please PM me.
    Any chance you got the top secret VIN being withheld by the seller?
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

It's got a sale pending. I saw it on Friday and it's never been hit, but the flat plate floors are going to have to go in any serious attempt to put it right.

Rear window seal is deteriorated to crumbly bits, which nearly always guarantees rust in the rear shelf and rear seat buckets (though none was visible underneath).
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

I offered 18K and he was stuck on 20K. I only offered 18K because of the color, otherwise I believe it was worth less. Well anyway somebody thought it was worth 20K. I suspected more rust than I could see and I did notice the rear shelf leakage from the back glass. Rust on the rocker sills, doors and front fenders, besides needing a front pan and floors. The car was also an A/C car (removed). The car came from CPR, but I didn't chase that as we couldn't come to terms on the price. I looked at the VIN, but I failed to record it...I was too focused on trying to make a deal. Sorry guys.
    Oh well, I'm still on the hunt for a 69T project...

GS- do you think olive is higher value? Restoring a 70T right now and planning a colour change as i'm not crazy about olive. But I'm keeping it long term, not as an investment...

Your car certainly would be worth more retaining the original color. I also think that Olive is one of those desirable colors that enhances its' value IMHO.
    I felt that this car was probably only worth 15K, but I was willing to stretch to 18K because it was a color I wanted. 20k was just too much of a stretch. I really wanted the car and I also knew that someone would probably pay his 20K...and they did. This car needed a lot of work and I have no regrets about losing it.