Thread: 69 911T Project Car

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

69 911T Project Car

A couple members projects are motivating me to finally get this one started.

This car is a unmolested car except it is in boxes and on a body dolly and has been for years. It has some minor body work to do, but no rust beyond surface rust. Irish Green original paint.

Given this example would be the entry level car and the T with the lowest power output I am inclined to do something to make it more entertaining to drive. 110 hp does not excite me very much.

So what would you do with it ?

Engine:

Build the 2.0 …to what ? 2.450, 2.5 …. Got a killer recipe without spending more than the car is worth.

3.0 swap and carb it, for a period correct look ?. 3.2 , 3.6 ?. Should I even car about period correct looks ? Thinking I don't want to do something that no one would entertain come resale time. I do not intend to flip the car, just have some fun with it for a few years. Carve a few canyons, do a track day, go to a show.

Suspension:

Has the Boge Hyd stuff and 14 Fuchs.

What should I do here?, does someone rebuild the Boges?, swap to a normal set up ?

It's on a body dolly, so if cutting to welding is required, now is the time.

Body:

Not into the RSR full race theme for this one.

Leave it alone ?

But do like the idea of a little more tire out back. What do you think of RS rear flares and a 72 front spoiler and just leave the rest alone? Saw one at Werks like this and it looked more purposeful, yet not overstated.

Or RS clone it ?

Looking Forward to the opinions of those that have been there done that or have a plan they too have been waiting to execute.
    Last edited by CobraR1339; 09-04-2016 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typo