Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R Gruppe Tour de Autofest schedule

Thumbs up Out of town R Gruppe members

Those of you out of town R Gruppe members who will need a car to drive, a few local members with more than one car to bring to the Autofest need drivers. Contact me and I will put you in touch with the So Cal R Gruppe members needing drivers for their "extra" 911s.

All the best!

Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27

I haven't gotten your registration form yet

Just a reminder, I haven't received registration forms from a number of you yet. The deadline is TOMORROW the 6th! I need this information to make sure we have enough room for everyone at each event. Your help with this is required to make the Tour de Autofest a success.

Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27

How about instead of heading north, you drive those bad boys south to San Diego and drive them the way Ferry intended them to be driven? San Diego Region autocross on Saturday and Drivers Ed on Sunday. At the last San Diego DE, Gagen's RS Brumos look, Andrews RS Gulf look, Mitch Rossi's RS Martini look as featured in European Car magazine, Micks white with red RS look and my orange with black RS look were duking it out nose to tail. Riz was there too but in a different run group. It was amazingly fun. GAF is kind of fun. Dunkels is kind of fun. Flogging the crap out of these pigs is what it's all about though. And it's way safer than some of these infamous street runs.

I just don't get it......

Quote Originally Posted by racea911
    ........Flogging the crap out of these pigs is what it's all about though......
    Yee-Haww...Thaz right Curt. And it's exactly how I spent all day Y'day at SoW with the POC.

For me anyway....next Sat. the GAF is going to be in cruz mode......I'll probably take my usual 'Gruppe position of tail-end sweeper

and I gotta work next Sunday.....
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Mick and I were going to go do the POC event at SOW, but I knew it was going to be too hot. I don't do to well in 120 degree heat.

Well, it's a shame that the PCA has a scheduled ax on the same weekend. I know a few won't make it to Ventura because of the conflict. Let's just hope that it doesn't occur next year.

Optimally, everyone should be able to do whichever he wants and not have to decide between two events. Especially a once-a-year event that draws people from all over the country and some parts of the world.

It isn't about driving 'pigs' or if it's better to be on a track rather than on an intersting road. It's about people and cars and the chance to meet in person and see in person the owners and the cars. The guys in Ventura will miss seeing Mike and Tom, et al.

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke
    Optimally, everyone should be able to do whichever he wants and not have to decide between two events.
    Seems this summer has seen weeks of boredom with isolated weekends double or triple stacked with Porsche events. Last month on one weekend I was in HB Friday (R Gruppe bench racing), North LA on Saturday for an R Gruppe event. Even still I had to miss another R Gruppe party that Saturday afternoon in Fallbrook. The next day I was back home in San Diego on Sunday for a PCA DE event.
    I'm just happy to have an understanding wife that is genereous with the hall passes.
    Have a wonderful time at the Ventura show. I need a track fix Sunday in SD, if not for the 10 hour round trip to Ventura Saturday I'd be there.
    While you are bench racing at the show don't forget to consider the Coronado Vintage races next month. A fun PCA AX the day before too.
    Check out these pictures from last years Chrysler Classic Speed Festival.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gburner
    Last one from last year's Speed Festival.
    Someone better post a bunch of pics from the Ventura show!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The weather vane has turned against us. It's forecasted to be 80* at the fairgrounds (yes, right on the beach!). Inland, it's unbelievably HOT. And humid, which adds to the misery, as we all know. The ride home for me will have to be late; coming SB into LA on a Sat evening means 15-20 mph in the heat.

So, I will hang out for awhile until the evening comes. I guess I better bring some tools and remove those yellow H4 lenses I just installed. And I better make sure to install the headlight relay kit I bought months ago so I don't burn the damn thing down. (I've never driven the 911 at night.)

No trip to Cambria for me. Too hot. I'll see ya all at the booth when I pull a shift, other than that, I hope the exhibit halls have AC!

I really feel sorry for the guys coming down from the North. Hang a right to the coast, guys.

EDIT: Just got back from the Fest. It was warm, but a nice ocean breeze kept it tolerable. Kinda humid towards the afternoon. I left at 2:30 and it was over 100 degrees inland. Not for me. I broke an exhaust stud (or two) last night (long story), so the 911 is parked and didn't make it. Crusied up in the Boxster and saw about half as many members as I'd hoped to see. But, each time one meets a few more.

I knew some folks were going to be there that I wanted to meet/see, but how do you find them? Especially when you're in a Boxster. I stopped by the Early S Registry booth 3 times to see about helping out and they said they were fine. So, I didn't park my butt there. Jens and others (especially Orange County guys like Dick M. and John R.), sorry. Maybe next time.