Perhaps to return to the topic of how many STs there were and are.
A few cars were built in the factory according to customer specifications (i) and some were rebuilt in the factory (ii).

However, compared to the 2.8 and 3.0 RSRs, the build-up of the ST has never really been documented, as both (i) and (ii) were only ever conversions and not official production models.
models.

There is a list of cars that were built at the factory, the list was compiled by a Mr. B. and also frequently adjusted by him over the years. Certificates were produced in the name of Porsche, some of which were poorly researched or not researched at all, how could they be? After all, there was no basis for research other than that of Mr B.

Cars were confirmed as original from the "factory" and sold at auctions, even if the vehicle was demonstrably still in the possession of the first owner.... For the most part, the certificates of authenticity were issued without ever seeing the cars or researching the change of ownership.

Today, people like to keep things quiet, but most experts know about the problems and that's why STs sell so badly at auctions or are quietly cancelled afterwards.

As someone who is partly affected by the whole thing, I think we should take the STs for what they have always been: Hot Rod's of the 70's.
All customized, and some from the factory.